Roosevelt Last Friday

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by azcataholic, Nov 9, 2008.

1. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    More good times w/ Boc members. I got there first so my job was to get bluegill. I had taken my inflatable boat to get more familiar with depths in the area. I was able to catch about 15 bluegill.Along with Greg and Mindy catching some we felt comfortable w/bait. Lonny came over in his pontoon to check with us. Being invited for a boat ride w/ Lonny he shared some areas which he learned over time. After dark we caught one flat and one channel. I should say he caught. We stayed a couple of hours and he dropped me off at our camp. Greg, Mindy and myself stayed the evening next to a lifesaving fire, got a couple of short runs but no commitments. It is always fun to meet up with friends that share the addiction of catfishing thanks Greg, Mindy, and Lonny. What a guy, after Lonny had brought two in on his end of the boat he insisted we trade spots on the boat. It is only a matter of time for me as i learn from fishermen more knowledgeable than myself on flats.Thanks All!

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Glad you made it back OK...
    Now the problem is,, No more close wood....!

3. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Greg, Did you tell me it was 36 degrees, or did i hear you wrong?

4. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az

did ya freeze,i bet it was cold next to the h20.talk to ya later.

5. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az

did ya make it to the river.

6. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Good Morning Lonny, Took the inflatable towards the cottonwoods floated thru a couple of interesting areas. The water depth of 20 to 25 feet. There has got to be some big ones patrolling thru the trees. Who goes in after them when we get snagged? My luck would be the guy who does have the hookup! Get w/ you later. Mike

7. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az

good morning, you snaggim i'll go get him

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Guys,
    We just made it back from a trip to Las Vagas.. haven't made it to the river yet,, still threatening that... nor any other trip for fish, , so, will have to try and get out somewhere soon!!!
    You guys catching any lately??
    G

9. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Greg, I met up with Lonny and we went on his pontoon one evening. We had somewhat a quiet fishing evening but did catch a 6 or 7# channel cat. Are you going on your river outing ?

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Mike,
    I'm still just threatening,,,, I'd really like to get over there. I got a new rod I'd like to try!!. I guess I could tie the line onto one of my dogs collars and tell him there's a cat over there and see how it might work.. Prolly be a good fight!!!!:smile2::smile2:
    Might CPR him,,,,,,,,,:eek:oooh:

11. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Greg, would you believe when my son was growing up he and my father-in-law thought it would be fun to test his rod and line test so they hooked onto his belt and he tried to out swim my father-in-law. I can't remember who laughed the hardest, the line did not break.