Roosevelt Lake

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dieselaw, Oct 18, 2008.

1. dieselaw

dieselaw New Member

State:
    az
    i am reletively new to the sport of catfishing. i have been bas fishing for a little over a year now , but every time i went for catfish i loved it. i am planning to go to roosevelt for some night fishing. i was just hoping on some advice as to where to find catfish this timeof year at the lakes. i am not looking for spots exactly, more interested in where the cats will be in relation to the lake. just hoping toget some tips before i look at my maps. thx in advanced.

2. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Welcome Dalton to the BOC. I seem to be fishing the lake starting with where the fish aren't so I am sure there is better help out there!:smile2:

3. dieselaw

dieselaw New Member

State:
    az
    got on the water around one o clock. hit windy hill to try and pick up some bass , but no luck. looked for some shade to get some bluegills for bait. it was rough but found a couple schools in the shade and deep, about 15 feet. before sundown picked a spot for catfish. went just west of windyhill in a deep cove. had a good run but got wrapped around a submerged tree. moved on to windy point around 730 and picked up two six to 8 pounders before leaving at 10. all in all great day.

4. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Congrats Dalton, getting some hits and catching a couple always makes for a good trip. Were the catfish you caught on live bluegill? Channels or flatheads?

5. dieselaw

dieselaw New Member

State:
    az
    i was using live bluegill. and i caught one flat and one channel. good size bluegill, about 6-7 inches. i rigged them carolina with a slip sinker.