roosevelt lake

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by azcataholic, Aug 20, 2008.

1. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello all, I am going to Roosevelt Lake tonight for an overnighter. I have fished some on the upper salt river side of the lake but i was curious about the orange peel area on the other side of the lake.I may take my little boat or possibly fish from shore tonight. Have any of you had luck on this side of the lake catching channel cats or flatheads? I am happy to catch nice size channel cats, I have not had an opportunity to catch a big flathead as of yet. Orange Peel side of lake or upper salt side, Any ideas? thanks to all!

2. Angieaz

Angieaz New Member

State:
    ARIZONA
    Good luck.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't know anything about your area, but good luck

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Angie, welcome to the boc

5. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Welcome Angie, thanks Shane. Went to diversion dam side of the lake, caught i flathead about 7#, no pics, pretty quiet evening, bright moon.

6. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Good for you Mike on your flattie, its all good when you at least get one.

:wink:

7. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Welcome to the BOC Angie, nice to have you on board.

8. dvstod

dvstod New Member

State:
    az
    i went 3 weeks ago i caught alot of channels on shrimp, i wanted to try flat head but it was my daughters birthday so i didn't get to fish as much. she like to knee bourd and tube, used alot of gas marina gas was 4.69 oh well had fun by the way i fished the tonto end by the sticks by indian point channels bitting like crazy had hook in for 5 minutes and big surprise a #15 carp off a shrimp never see that before off of shrimp theres is a bridge past cholla cove maybe 2 miles or so good camping and shore fishing off too the left big nice tree there for shade you can launch small boats riht there also, i got a 18' fish and to big to launch but john boats is a piece of cake

9. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thanks Todd, I will keep it mind for a future trip. I may end up going to the upper salt area next tuesday or wednesday. Thanks for the tip.