Roosevelt Lake

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by micah, Jun 29, 2007.

1. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I've got several days off during the week of the fourth and I was thinking about heading out to Roosevelt. I've only fished there once and it was last year for flats. I've got a 14 ft that I can take anywhere. Any recomendations from anyone on where to go?

Thanks

2. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Micah,

When you get to Roosevelt, the closer you can get to the Salt River channel the better you will be. If you get there in the early afternoon, it will give you a greater chance to catch some carp to use for bait. As well, the winds often times will pick up in the afternoon and the waves can get a little choppy on the Salt River end...nothing to worry about...I have a 12 foot v-hull and still get around well in it.

I typically have always put in at Schoolhouse and gone upstream from there...but that has been some time ago. I don't know how low the lake level is currently.

Ryan

3. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    any more thoughts on Roosy

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    My thoughts are to avoid Roosey.. The hordes of people up and down the shore line last time I went will keep me away.

* I have done well on the shore line behind windy hill. Nothing too big though.
    ~ A

5. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Andy, Did you get out to Bartlett this weekend. If so, any luck?