Roosevelt Lake this weekend

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by DryHeat, Oct 30, 2007.

1. DryHeat

DryHeat New Member

State:
    arizona
    Me and a buddy are going up to set up camp at Roosevelt this weekend and dont have much experience on this lake. We will be stuck on the shore and after going over maps it looks like either the Schoolhouse area or Windy Hill area. Hoping someone could advise if one of these spots is better than the other - or - should we try another area all together. thanks

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Are you chasing catfish?
    ~ That lake is soo low, I went a few weeks back for the whole weekend, and really struggled to find bait, and find cats...

~ The windy hill area migh be you best bet for access to deeper water.
    * Try raw shrimp for some channel cat action.

Good luck to you!
    ~A

3. DryHeat

DryHeat New Member

State:
    arizona
    A guy at Cabelas was saying that there is bait shop up at Roosevelt that sells frozen cut Carp.......is this true ? If so, which part of the lake is this shop? thanks

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I have never heard that before.. But you would be crazy to pay someone for carp.
    They are soo easy to catch... Chum up a small cove with sweet corn and toss out a few rigs with small trebbles with that same sweet corn on the hooks.. Then hold on.. They get big at Roosie!
    ~A

5. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I agree with Andy here, carp at Roosevelt are far to common to be worried about getting your hands on some. The method he described is perfect, and also throw out some small hooks and hope for some tiny carp and or sunfish that you could use for live bait.

6. Kevin N

Kevin N Member

State:
    Georga
    Name:
    Kevin
    The last time we the wife and I were at roosevelt we fished the salt river below the deversion dam at the lake inlet I seen several big cats there, seen one guy loose his pole into the water too as a fish took not only his bait but took his whole pole in then it was gone. It would be another good spot if you fish at the diverson dam all I caught were verry small baby cats I have never caught souch small cats at all.the would be nice for in a aquarium at home. the closer we got to the open lake the bigger the cats were..I would go there again!!!!

Kevin