Roosevelt Lake Sat Night

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by GETHOOKED, Jun 13, 2007.

1. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I have recieved permission from the warden to go out sat night for a nice father's day reprive from the family. I plan on either going to the diversion damn or takin the ol boat out and heading up the salt river and settin up camp for the night.

I think that the diversion damn may be better since they are all moving up stream anyway. But am not sure about the population when I get there. So Any suggestions? I may just try further down than normal if there are a bunch of people there hootin and hollerin. I love the spot we and most others fish though, but hey, maybe a new spot isnt bad.

It's that or risk the population on the little river arm on the salt river. Had two great runs last time out, but that was almost 3 weeks ago, so I figure they are a lot closer to spawning now and are more upriver!? Do you think I am thinking this right???????:crazy:

2. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    I think you are right.If It were me,I'd be fishing around schoolhouse,or the diversion dam.

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I think that school house maybe to far inlake? Maybe? IF i do take the boat out it will be way up river in the area of the cliffs off the left side of the boat and only 5-8 feet of water. Have two hole I know of and one mud bar in the left two thirds of the channel. But I am not sure if they will still be running this area of the river, or if I need to be above the area where you can not get a boat but the flatties are running to?!

4. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    If your going with the theory of them up this far already,then it should be a good choice,shallow water that is!!From my exp. I start around schoolhouse this time of year and work up from there!Anyway,good luck out there,and let us know how you do!

5. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    id say the farther up river you can get, the better....but im sure its packed at the diversion dam

it would be awesome to try the muddy banks area.....but i just cant drag my boat that far....lol

6. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    what about the first avaliable access at the diversion damn? I usually go all the way up to where you and the fish can go no further. THey have always seemed to run this part of the river, you know go to the end and run gills and carp up to the rip rap. But maybe further down stream but upstream from the lake?

7. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I will be out at the diversion dam this weekend, and I definitely won't be fishing at one of the popular spots. Last time I got out there, I was there so early there was no one on the best bank at Eucalyptus, but by 6 pm there were people setting up five feet to the right and left of me. I will be heading a bit downriver to distance myself from the crowds, and it seems to me that the fish still patrol those areas anyway. I will sacrifice catching an extra fish or too for some room to be able to fish anyway. I should be down at the main lake catching bait around 1pm and at the dam area about 3pm.

8. greatthosu

greatthosu New Member

State:
    AZ.
    Hay all,what diversion dam are you all talking about? Above Roosevelt.

9. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Tony,

Sorry to hear about you having so much fun last time. When you mention about there being so many people there, I was reminded of a coworker who gave me a map with directions to the few spots downstream from the diversion dam. He was given the information from a friend. It sounds like the spot is becoming even more popular and attracting more people than ever. I don't blame you for trying to relocate. I hope you catch some good fish.

Ryan