Roosevelt Lake - November 10th

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by martinman, Nov 11, 2006.

1. martinman

martinman Member

Clinton, Iowa
    Well I wish I had more to report... I went out on Thursday and Friday nights with very limited success.

On Thursday, I figured I would try downstream from the diversion dam and only managed to stumble into some transients hanging out in the area. It was dark when I got there and they freaked me out bad enough that I didn't want to try and fish, leaving my boat and other stuff there for them.

On Friday I went to Schoolhouse and put in there. I fished for bait and ba$$ for a little while and then went upstream as far as I could. The water is really cold and it is a lot clearer as it shallows. I caught some decent channels, but never hooked into the flatties. I am wondering if most of them have shifted back into the deeper waters for the season.

I am sure that we will find out from everybody else who took off for the whole weekend. Tony and the gang will probably be posting something. I figured I would report and see what everyone else got for the weekend.

2. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

White Mtns, AZ
    Hey Ryan, I'm sorry you didn't get any luck near the dam, there are lots of locals there and they can be a little sketchy at times. The water did clear up ALOT this weekend, I don't remember it being so clean. I just got back from my trip, I will make another thread about what I ran into.