Roosevelt Lake in Arizona - fishing 6/3/06

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Cactus Cat, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Cactus Cat

Cactus Cat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    went to roosevelt Salt Arm 6.2 all night. Everything was perfect except 1 thing no fish. I went with 3 buddies. My friend Christian figured it was 74 degrees unfortunately right at perfect spawning temps. It was a bummer but it still was great out there should be perfect in about 7-10 days. No one else up there hit either had 2 half ass takes that was it. How did everyone else do on the Colorado and bartlett sounded like a bunch of people were heading out this weekend? Thanks :0a23:

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    We are light'in 'em up at Bartlett!
    ~ Too bad about Roosie...
    * Did you fish up the river.. I have had all my luck for Flathead by windy hill. Nice chanels there too.

~ When I trek to Roosie, I will usualy stay two nights. One night I will fish the river, the other night I will be at Windy hill.

Most of the time I am skunked at Roosie, Bartlett fish seem to be smaller on the average, but Bartlett is soo much more consistant for me.

3. Cactus Cat

Cactus Cat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    we went up as far as we could up the river. we may be going to fish martinez lake area near Yuma on the colorado in a few weekends buddy has a ton of experience there is a great place mostly fro very high numbers of flats not necessarily size. How du you fish windy hill and what do you focus on up there. I live close to Bartlett if you need a flatty need a partner let me know.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I usualy fish across from Windy hill on the outside points. There are a few areas there with sunken trees. Last time I fished it, the depth was 20 feet. Action is slow with Flattys, but the fish are usualy good quality.
    * Also, I will drop a light and catch a boatload of crappie here.
    ~ Fishing Partner: My wife usualy never lets me go fishing without her; but if you have a boat, I can meet you at Bartlet and we can pick each other's brains about locations and techniques.

5. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Just got back from Rosey fished last night and my partner caught an 11.6 lb flathead and had another break off. Said it felt like a good fish but he must of had a fray in his main line. Wasn't knot failure just broke. Only runs we had all night.

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I went out with a few buddies to the colorado this past weekend. I got skunked this time around but Riverbud got a 20. His patner got like a 35. My partner got 3 small flats with the biggest being around 5 pounds. Another buddy catmando got like 4 small flats losing one big one that snapped his line. And also Martinman showed up. He got 3 flats with the biggest being like 10 pounds I believe. We all fished the same area in different boat. Two boats on the Arizona side and 2 boats on the california side.

7. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    First of all, it was really nice to be able to fish with you Brian and the rest of the group. I really had a good time.

I am planning on being down at Roosevelt this weekend. I will post what happens. AZcatman....what were you guys using for bait...just curious. I figured I would try and be prepared for anything and everything.

8. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    martinman, we were using small carp. We didn't have that many of them but that is our preferred bait.Tough to catch them the right size but they sure make good bait.

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele

Hey Ryan anytime you can make it let us know. Nice having you there.