Roosevelt Lake here we come!!!!

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by GETHOOKED, Nov 25, 2006.

1. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    We me and my fishing partner are heading up to Roosie this afternoon with hopes of hearing that line clicker screaming. We will either fish the diversion dam, or I might take the boat up there and see what the river holds. Unsure as of now, but we are very excited reguardless. I will post sunday late morning after my nap!:wink: We plan on getting up there so we can gather some fresh bait, and enjoy the sunset. Hope it doesnt get that cold, but you know one 30-40 lber every hour could keep us VERY harm!!! Send your prayer and good thoughts for some BIG fish!!!:big_smile_2:

2. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good luck.Catch some nice ones.

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    ok so I am awake now. We had one run and actually had the fish hooked all the way to the bank, after about a 10-15 min fight. Got it right to the bank and she looked HUGE. I would say from our fish a couple weeks ago, it was around 40 or so. She looked like a monster, right up until the hook pulled out:choler: :too_sad: :ah:
    The really sucked, but atleast we got to see her. THe rest of the night we had nothing happen, so we left around 2 am. It was quite cold, around 38 degrees when we left. Not much wind, and the night was awsome, shooting stars all night. Has several people fishing close to us, so it wasnt the most secluded spot! Most people seemed just as happy to raise hell, and drink than concentrate on fishing, but oh well. That about all for that. Great night all in all. Until next time ---- wait for the clicker!!

4. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thanks for the report, Did you end up fishing at the diversion damn area? if so how close to the diversion were you, I was there a few weeks ago but more towards eucalyptus area, thanks.

5. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I'd say thats how the diversion area goes, as far as people. I usually don't land a fish until 1 a.m., so perhaps you had just started to get bites. I'm glad you experienced the pull of a big fish though. Nice night indeed.

6. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    we were at the diversion damn, not all the way at the end of euc. but the second parking lot. THe last big parking lot had three cars there, and we looked and they were all fish/drinkin/campin, so we headed to the next avalible site. It was nice, and we had a good kitty on, but couldnt seal the deal. Looks like it is going to get down right COLD there this week and next. Hope if you go out, you are prepared for that kind of weather, cause it could be real bad!!:dribble: