Roosevelt Lake catfishing - are you catchin any

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lonny, Oct 22, 2008.

1. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    like to hear from roosevelt lake catfisherman

2. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey Lonny, I have been going to Roosevelt about once a week, but most of my reports are trip reports not fishing reports, thanks on info above diversion dam I may try that sometime. Mike

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Went last night, fished a bit below diversion dam, nothing,, moved on to the bank of the main lake on the west/north??? end,, severly skunked:sad2:
    caught one bluegill, put it on one of my heavy rigs, and something buzzed my reel but, wasn't "committed". Happened twice and last time, got away with my "gill"
    water is up looks like...

4. dieselaw

dieselaw New Member

State:
    az
    i posted this last weekend so a little old

5. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    fished my rosey on 10-22-08 7:07 it took my gill 7:37 got it to boat getting ready to put in boat made another run, and line hit corner of my pontoon, poof all gone, i guess to mate 60 plus.hit rosey on 10-24-08,first hit 5:28.missed that one.second hit 6:28.snagged this one good fight got to boat at 6:43.very nice fish 49 lbs 51 inchs long. caught another flat 15 lbs.caught some channels to on red hot dogs.bluegills are around trees at about 10 feet down, biting on corn or worms.

6. dieselaw

dieselaw New Member

State:
    az
    wow! sounds like a great trip! did you use live blue gill on all of them? also just wondering what part of the lake you were at, i dont want exact spots, but it would be nice to know a new area to start looking. lastly, how late in the year is the catfishing decent? thx in advance!

7. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az

i always fish tonto end its close to home,live bluegills work the best.orange peel, indian point at boat ramp are both good. i fish year round for them.they don't ever quit eating. its just what kind of weather you can take when fishing for them

8. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    The bite has to be off at Rosie......we caught nothing in 4 days. We always catch bass or something. I did have fun we took the boat and my one man fish cat. The lake is up and so clean...crystal clean...but no fish. Tell you one thing it was hotter than he-- to be out on the lake mid day. I am night fisher person. We are off to Yuma this morning ....I will be fishing in the canals somewere tonight.