Roosevelt Catfish

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Overkil, May 18, 2009.

1. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    brianthelion told me about this last night while we were fishing so I found it today. Thought it was worth posting to get you guys motivated, especially if you're looking at going to roosevelt/upper salt...enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GpuciS1a-8

2. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    If that dont give you the shivers,you aint a fisherman! And to think,12 more hours of work and im off for 4 days!!:cool2:

3. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well go tear 'em up - you know where to go! I will expect a full report upon your return..

4. Rebel986

Rebel986 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I really wanna hook up on a flatty. I havent caught one ever. Ive been goin to the upper salt by the diversion and and eads wash. But its a 2 and a half hr drive so I cant fish much.. If anyone wants someone to fish with this weekend im up for it.. Ill drive the drive for a chance to catch flattys!

5. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    how crowded has it been when you been up there?

6. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Weekends there have to be crowded,very cool place to be and not just for fishin!!!Im sure the weekdays are perfect tho!!:cool2:

7. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Thanks for the video, now I know why I haven't been catching any of those big fish anymore out at the diversion dam!

Just kidding for the most part though. That guy is well within his legal rights to harvest those fish.

Anybody read the Roosevelt fish consumption advisories?:wink:

8. Rebel986

Rebel986 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Uhh when we got there during the day it was crowded with swimmers. even a ski boat dared to drive up in there.. The water was only 6 ft deep. But at night i saw a few fisherman... one 3 that had gear for huge flatheads.

9. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Antonio, yes I read the recent report, i do not what to think!
    David, There is only so such water in the desert, The beauty of being a catfisherman is the nighttime. If you made it to Eads wash below the the diversion Dam you should b e running into guys who catch flatheads. When I am fishing at night I do not hear jet skis, I don't believe flatheads like jet ski's.

10. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Mike,

You couldn't have said it better about being able to fish for flatties. I enjoy fishing during the nighttime because it is so much more peaceful. There is nothing better in my book than a nice calm evening with warm temperatures, clear skies, stars, and a bait clicker going off!!!!

Ryan

11. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Bait clicker going off competes with sex as far as heart pounding moments for me!!

12. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    So how'd you do? Hopefully a good report. :cool2:

13. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    What happens if you are having sex in the boat and the clicker goes off? Give up one for the other? Or do you chance man handling both and having a heart attack? :smile2:

14. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    wanted to handle both once. got a black eye. :embarassed:
    gary

15. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    LMAO. I always wondered what would happen. Thanks for the advice.

16. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    after left hook, (it was good one too) i just locked reel and ended up loosing fish. figured i was better off though.
    by the way, this really happened.
    gary

17. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    I suppose as long as you dont set your weiner, instead of the fishing rod you would be OK

18. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    OUCH!!! :eek:oooh: