Room for One?

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by CatMan(Cali), May 12, 2009.

1. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Me and my buddy Fred are coming down for this trip and I was wondering if anybody may possibly have room for 1 on their boat. I got the hook-up with Bulldog, but don't want to leave my buddy hangin on the bank solo. If not it is no big deal I will just stay behind and fish the banks with him. I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

Sean!

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Big Sean,
    A lot of people down there are going to fish from the bank, I don't know the area to well but I remember some of the people fishing said that they were going fish the canals - I know that i want to give it a shot.
    So on at lease one of those night -"I Got Your Back & I would fish with you guys".
    :wink:
    :0a23:

3. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I always bank it. *shrug*

4. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Yeah, that's may be what I do anyway. I do good from the bank so I'll just fish my @ss off from the bank for three nights. I like my odds of catching at least one flat.

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    From all this chatter,,,, I think there's some folks gettin' ,,,,EXCITED,, about this..!!:smile2:

I'm definitely looking forward to it..:wink:

and, I have a feeling ,, everything will work out nicely for the fishing!!

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Sean banking is a good way to go. There are a lot of people that prefer to bank that area than use a boat. The bank provided some of the best flatheading I had out in that area, and I have fished in a boat a few times out there. So you will be good out there I have plenty of good cat pics caught from the bank including my biggest flat.

7. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Thanks Blue, I needed that reassurance. Nothin gettin in the way of me and my flattie now!:smile2:

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I've had more luck fishing from the bank,,, You're not handicapped at all doing that..:smile2:

9. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey gang... south of Mayflower county park there is a lot of private land.... at the south end of the campground the water starts getting deeper, and has a good sandbar out in front that keeps the boating traffic to the shore with low water.....further down.. at hidden beaches the water is quite deep and one could fish from the riprap in nice deep cut banks....

On 6th ave to the west, there is some good canal water close to camp, but the canals are all through the town, and have good dirt roads on both sides of them for water irragation folks to maintain them... Open to public...

Getting access to the drains is rather limited as there is heavy vegatation in them and some 15-20 feet below the basic ground.... good to have a rope to get down to some as they are quite steep... but the drains are the main places for the flats in the irragation system....

here are some pics of the cable car, hidden beaches and 6th ave canals

Bayrunner Ray

10. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Here's some extra reassurance.
    Caught this one last night in the Colorado River. Got him on Bluegill head. B&B scale said 25 pds. My new digital scale said 23. I'm good either way. Caught him on my favorite light pole the red rocket. Friend Elizabeth caught a 3.5 pd flat on a bluegill head early in the night.

It was a fun night. We got to mingle with a freindly crew of critters. We shared our bluegill, goldfish crackers and sunchips with a rat, a few mice, and some western spotted skunks. They were all friendly.

Attached Files:

11. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    some additional pics....

Bayrunner Ray

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Ray,
    On that second Photo that you have posted there (in post #11), that the area that Tom & I fished one night, the night that I caught the Carp:
    "On Stink-Bait"! - (lol)
    :crazy:

13. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    That should be all the reassurance I need. Thanks Jag. I just went out yesterday and bought most of the stuff I need for the trip. Was easy thanks to Blue, :0a31:. I'm pretty much set and ready to rock n roll. The only thing I forgot was the goldfish crackers for the rats. lol

Sean!

14. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    It's better to feed the critters off to the side than have them come under your chair and scare you when you dose off. We had most of our fun that night photoing and feeding the critters.

15. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yea, give them some remote chow,, is an effective technique, However, they are curious by nature,, :wink: They'll come over to see what kind of reel you have, and what's in your tacklebox!!:crazy: