Rookies at Talladega?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Oct 3, 2007.

Should Jacques Vlleneuve and Sam Hornish Jr dayview at Talladega?

1. YES, they are experienced open wheel drivers

2. NO, they should wait to dayview later

3. Dont care either way, there will still be the "Big One"

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    This will be the first race for the C.O.T. cars in a restrictor plate race. There is still a lot to learn about the handling for the experienced drivers. But should 2008 rookies (Jacques Villeneuve and Sam Hornish Jr) make their dayview in the Cup series at Talladega or wait to race on a cookie cutter mile or a mile and a half track?

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    As a driver I would rather them start on a track like Dega.
    Its a hold it to the floor and steer it kind of track. A brick would handle there.
    Daytona is the same kind of track but car handling is important to be able to flat foot it.
    One thing for sure. I dont think either one of them will be running up front if history of the yellow stripe at the super speedways remains true.
    If they qualify well they'll look like they had a parachute tied to the bumper.
    Nobody will work with them.

In a Charlotte type of track I'd be more worried. You'll constantly have to deal with the inexperienced over the course of a race.
    A track like Charlotte takes more driver skill to keep it inbetween the walls at an insane speed. I dont doubt either of them have the skills needed they just lack the seat time in those cars.
    Charlotte is insanely fast considering they run 2 and 3 wide through the turns and aren't far from flat footing that track.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I cant wait to see the dispute between Montoya and Villeneuve the 1st time they have a on-the-track incident. lmao

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I dont think it will matter there will be a big one and who knows who will cause it.