rookie question update

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by rookie cat, Jun 24, 2009.

1. rookie cat

rookie cat New Member

State:
    ok
    Well I went back to the small creek yesterday morning and the fish are not there. Went 30 minutes without a bite. I moved to the mouth of the creek about 8am and the fish are there 20-25 feet. Caught 13 and was out by noon before I fried. Biggest fish was 4# mostly 2 pounders. They where mostly channel, 2 blues. I think I am ready to try cut bait. I hear you wont catch as many but the fish will be bigger. Have been using secret 7. Now I have to learn to catch my own bait:confused2:

2. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats on your catch Kyle. You should also consider trying live bait. You will definitely put on some bigger fish. I like live bluegills or shad if you can keep em alive.

3. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    kyle, are you bank fishin or boat fishin? Yea, this time of year during the day look for the deep spots. Yer doin good rookie hang in there.:wink:

4. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    And when you do get to using that live bait, don't be afraid to go big. You'd be surprised at what a cat will try to eat!

5. rookie cat

rookie cat New Member

State:
    ok
    Thanks everybody, Little Mac I am fishing out of a boat. Mostly trying to learn, I have been lucky to get into some of the channel cats with the dip baits. I would like to get into some of the bigger blues, so that is the next step for me. Thanks again guys