Romo for real or just a lucky game?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by dahoss2002, Oct 31, 2006.

1. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'm not a Cowboy fan but I was impressed with Romo's performance Sunday night against a decent defense. I guess only time will tell but what did yall think??

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i think we'll have to wait a few more weeks to tell.

3. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i think he will make a fine QB. he has that quick release, plus he can elude the pass rush. he has had a 4 year tutorial if you will and seems intelligent and reads the defense well. he's green and will make mistakes and doesnt have bledsoe's experience, but bledsoe was makin the same stupid mistakes and he has 14 yrs experience! I think Romo is starting in a good place too. his team has a good chance of makin the playoffs, and has 3 great recievers to throw to in T.O., Terry Glenn and Jason Witten.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    we're gonna find out:cool2:

5. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    The young man was definately more mobil than Bledsoe. I tell you what, he had Parcells acting a fool, hugging and kissing players and cocking T.O.'s hat to the side. It looked like a totally different team out on the field and it looked like everyone was having fun, (except for Bledsoe)lol. We'll see how he does, but first look was good and Terrell likes Romo a lot more than Bledsoe and you can tell it in his body language. It's looking good right now for the Cowboys, with Bledsoe in that team wasn't doing squat.:wink:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I watched the game Sunday night and must say Romo was quite impressive. I strongly dislike the Cowboys and T.O. but Romo looked a whole lot better than Bledsoe and may be the guy to help that team make the playoffs.

7. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    I believe we should wait to say he is that good or what ever,any one can have a great week,if he does that samething over the course of 3-4 games then maybe we can say he is for real,but lets just wait and see

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah, I'm not ready to give him player of the year or anything just yet, but you can tell that the chemistry between him and T.O., and the other guys is a lot better than Bledsoe. Boy Bledsoe has to feel right about now.:angry: He steps down and then the kid steps up and wins a big game for the them.:embarassed:

9. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Isn't that what happened last time Bledsoe got benched...for Brady?

10. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hehe let's not hate on Drew too bad. Anyone thats played in the NFL that long is special and lucky. Retirement at the end of the season might be the right thing to do though unless the Raiders want another seasoned vet.

11. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The Raiders are content with Walters, that's why they didn't draft leinart or cutler.

12. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    It's still early, but he's starting to look like the real deal to me. Seems his teammates have a lot of confidence in him.

13. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    ROMO has had some good games. The cowboys will probaly draft a QB.

14. Texas_Select

Texas_Select New Member

State:
    TX
    ROMO has all right stuff to take the Cowboys to a SuperBowl victory. He gains confidence each week. Look at his QB rating and the record he set on Thanksgiving!! The offensive line is improving around him and of course the Cowboy defense is rock solid. He is extremely mobile, throws well on the run and is not afraid to throw the deep ball.

All we really need is to get "Terrible Owens" a new set of hands, hee hee!!

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!

15. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Five games as a starter under his belt, the numbers are:
    69.4% completion
    1656 yards
    13 TD
    5 Int.
    Record: 4-1
    QB Rating: 110.8
    Not bad at all. But against who?
    Carolina, Washington, Arizonia, Indy, Tampa.
    Outside of Carolina, not exactly facing today's top D's. I realize he does not set the schedule, but playing the weaker D's makes lots of folks look great.
    Is he better than Bledsoe? No question. Is Bledsoe gone from this team at year end? No question. Can Romo be a top 10 QB in this league? He's got as good a chance as anyone. All the physical and mental tools seem to be there.
    Folks in these parts (Dallas area) are ready to put him in the ring of honor at Texas Stadium. I keep telling them, tap the breaks. Let the guy get a full year or two under him.

16. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Romo, the next T. Brady. :smile2:

17. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I wouldn't go quite that far, but maybe a P. Manning lol, where's Ryan?

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    LOL. You may be right. He could choke under presure. :tounge_out:

I'll watch the pats today and then the colts.
    Wish Cowboys was playing.

Good luck to your teams today.:wink:

19. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I keep waiting for him to have a bad game. Everyone does. The whole team seems to be playing with more confidence though. The players look like they believe in him and that means alot.

20. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    The reason Romo is coming on strong.... He just started dating Jessica Simpson! :embarassed: :big_smile: