Rollo's New Fishing Outfit!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jul 23, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Got enough money together with 2 kids and a wife, to manage to buy a new outfit to try to replace atleast one older one before it causes me fits! LOL.. I used to buy them accordingly, but for some reason, that has changed over time! Was gonna buy another St. Croix, Garcia combo, but couldn't pass the price on a Quantum Big Cat Rod. Heavy Action 20-60 pound line weight. 7'6" One piece length. I put a Abu Garcia 7000i on it. Not top notch for Garcia 7000 line, but once again.... Gotta watch how I spend my money these days! I am very happy with the setup for what I had in it, and am sure it will be a great outfit, and last many years like others have. Spooled it with 40lb. Berkley Big Game Mono! :wink: Here's some pic.s.. The reflective tape I added myself, like all my other rods! rollo

Attached Files:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jason congrats on the new set up. I have two of the same rigs and have no complaints. They will get the job done.

3. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Nice looking outfit. Let me use it for a couple months and I will save you the trouble breaking it in. :big_smile_2:

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Take the plastic off the cork! :eek:oooh:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Jack. Thought maybe it would be smarter to leave it wrapped this time!:crazy::roll_eyes: rollo

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: nice set up rollo !!!! enjoy it bro catch a beast on it :wink:

7. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    You reply in jest, but I actually know someone that won't remove their plastic. :crazy: I tried to get them to understand the purpose of the cork, to no avail. :big_smile:

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice outfit.i almost bought a 7000,but went with a 6600 c4.

never put reflective tape up on the pole,always put it on the handle,good idea,bet its really easy to see bending over at night.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice outfit Jason...Before I started using long rods, all I used was quantum big cats...I still have a few of them.

That heavy action will handle any flathead for sure, hope you catch a nice fish on it soon.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ain't that perrty. LOL! Good fishin with it.

11. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Did they change the color of the big cat? I think I bought the same rod at fishermans warehouse a few years ago and it was black. How much and where did you get the rod? I just bought a Abu 6500 C3 yesterday and put it on a glowstik becuase I couldn't find a big cat.

12. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey I like your new setup. Wish you luck on the new state record with it rollo!

13. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice job nice reel

14. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Hey that is a nice setup, just have a question I have some of that reflective tape that I wanted to put on a few of mine, and am wondering if there is a right way and a wrong way to put it on so it doesn't affect the flex of the rod? Let me know about your experience with it. THANKS:big_smile:

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    congrats Rollo engoy bro the 7000i is the next reel on my list:cool2:

16. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nice lookin setup, that should bring in some nice fish.

17. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    congrats on a new rig. Catch a big one. Andrew

18. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Nice setup Jason. I got my 7000 on a big cat heavy action.

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sweet lookin' outfit Jason! :big_smile: Man, I love buying new fishing stuff! :cool2: I'm jealous of you today! :wink:

20. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Jason - I like the new rig. I have a few questions. Do you have pics of your rigs in the dark and where did you find your tape.

I have always wondered how big a difference they tape makes at being able to see your pole.

Thanks