Rollo's Cheap Reel Covers For Your Catfishing Setups!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 30, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, first of all its cheap if you aren't the one buying the liquor! I have a couple buddies that really like to drink Crown Royal. Those that drink this stuff probably know that the bottles come in a cloth bag! Well, a couple years back I saw many of these bags laying around at one of my friend's house. I got to thinking about it as we sat there watching a ball game, and asked him if I could have a few to try out for reel covers. Well, let me say the fit almost perfect for what I have. There are some different sizes of the Crown being sold, but here is what I have found to work well for each of the reels I have. The small size bag works well on all Abu Garcia 6500, 6000, and smaller models. The 7000 models will also work with the small bag, but may have to be stretched some, so the medium may be better. My 200g Shimano Triton reel works in the medium bag, and the Big Game Garcia 10000 models fit good in the medium sized bag as well! These bags have a small draw-string on them as well to help tighten them down, keeping the bag secure and helping protect the reels when not in use from dust dirt etc. I like them because they are free! LOL.. Water proof? No. But, seem to keep the reels from getting beat around and even help keeping direct sunlight off the spool of line. Here are some simple pictures showing exactly what I use, and how I pull them over the handle side first. It seems easier to slide them on from the handle side first, working the handles towards one corner of the bag... Below are pictures of one of each of the models I mentioned above. They also make a huge bottle of this stuff. I need to get a couple of these also for large spinning reels such as my Shimano Bait-Runner. These bags will most likely work on any reel, baitcasting or spinning, even for your other outfits for fishing other than for cats... goodluck.....rollo

Attached Files:

2. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Tried to rep ya, but gotta pass it around first. Good idea, just went and did my own reels with the bags I had laying around

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here's one more of the covers over each of them reels. To bad each beer doesn't come in a fancy bag, or I would have plenty of replacements!:wink: Hope this gives you a way to save some money, and take care of your gear alittle...rollo

Attached Files:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    EXCELLENT idea!

Bill in SC

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yep they are perfect Jason. I been using them also, I also put my fish finder in one when I take it out of the boat. Think I got about 15 or 20 of them from a man that used to sharpen my knives years ago. Unfortunatly he's not with us anymore, may be related since they are all the big bags....:confused2:

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You mean I get to drink all of those first, and then get reel covers??? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile2:....all joking aside thats a good idea bro.:wink:

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Bound for the libray Rollo. Thanks

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Been doin that for years rollo. Thats why I buy all that Crown. LOL

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    LMAO!!!!! My brother should have about a hunnert' of them bags laying around!:crazy: Not sure I want them in my boat though. It might give the wrong impression of my boating habits if the Water Patrol decides to check me out.:smile2:

Does any of that 'cheap stuff' come in plain ole bags?????

10. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How you like that shimano?I got 1 and I absolutly love it.Super loud clicker

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The Triton I like for using large baits. It has a good clicker, but I like the Abus better for castability. The Bait-Runner I love! It is nice to be able to adjust the tension on the runner according to current, and bait size, and have the standard set fighting drag! If I only bankfished, I would own atleast 4 or 5 of them...rollo

12. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have used them for many years now for Fly reels but about a year ago started using one for my fishfinder as well. Always a good idea to protect those 100+ dollar reels eh? :crazy:

Salmonid

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Likesaid "D", you get what you pay for!! LOL..... Or what someone else pays for in this the situation!:wink::smile2: Im always looking for a cheaper way year after year.. I make my own bobbers now, sinkers.. Still dunno about mamma's blankets for braid, but her dinners sometimes go good for bait!:smile2::smile2::smile2::roll_eyes::crazy::eek:oooh::wink: rollo

14. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Great idea, people try togive those bags all the time. Now I might have to start taking them

15. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    i knew those bags was good for something:smile2: my friend bartends.i can get all the bags i want thanks rollo:wink:

16. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    thats a good idea Rollo, i also use them to hold golf tee's.

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you don't want them send em my way, I have other means for them as well! They are good coin bags to keep your change to play quarter and dollar poker games also!:eek:oooh: rollo

18. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    You can also find em really cheap sometimes on ebay, if you want to be nice to your liver.....:wink:

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bumpin this up for anyone interested in cheap protection, that hasn't beat your liquered friends up for the leftovers! :big_smile: rollo

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  20. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Those bags are good for putting sinkers and such in as well. When you're bank fishing and have a piece to walk. drop them bags filled with goodies in the jacket pockets and go.