Rollo is out for now!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Sep 8, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After thinking deeply about alot here. I may have to pull out from even the OH vs PA contest. We are expecting another child, and I have not been able to even be remotely competitive this year. I usually fish in numerous tournaments through out the warm water months. I have fished only two! I am not upset by this, family to me is more important than pursuing my ambition. I wish I had more time for both, but this is the way it goes. I don't feel I have been able to target flatheads this year to my likings. and feel as if im slipping for lack of effort. Im gonna take some time away here to get things around home caught up on, and get ready for my second baby.. Goodluck to all of you, and I wish I could be more involved, but I have tried in the past weeks, and can't get the time I need to do so to satisfy how I like to fish. I can't find time to even bait fish.... rollo

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Dont feel too bad Jason Ill take up your slack :crazy: yeah right LOL. I wouldnt fret it tho get out when you can and have fun thats what I try to do.

3. jg_gmc

jg_gmc New Member

State:
    west virginia
    same here bro... family first! just go fishing when you can and enjoy the time when you get it. and congratulations!

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've heard a lot of excuses for not catching fish, but blaming your family is the lowest one yet and all because Jack spanked your but good! Now don't try and deny it we all know the truth behind this self imposed inaction. It's either that or the wife finally put her foot down! lol :crazy::eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2::wink:

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Just remember Jason we will be Jacks age before we can get serious about fishing again :crazy::smile2::tounge_out:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Netman spanked me good! Both hands on the hiny to be exact! LOL.. I just gotta be here now, and do what I need to do . Fishing is very close to me, but family has more of the heart! Goodluck to all U Ohio boys!!!! rollo

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hnag in there rollo, you are young and have many years left to fish.

Myself, I never know when my next fish will be my last.

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    good luck rollo.its all in good fun man.

9. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I respect a man that has his priorities straight. May you be blessed with many more fishing trips and a healthy family too!

10. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

Lord .... I hope that I live to be as old as Jack is .... :crazy: .... Garry-

11. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey bro the family always comes first! No need to drop out of the Oh vs Pa. You were already entered an just maybe you might go out an catch a hawg. Wishing you the best however on the family duties!

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    priorities and responsibilities my friend. you have to decide what comes first in your life sometimes and what is right for you. sounds like you put a good deal of thought into this decision. just get out when you can and have some fun when you do. you know you will get out a few more times because you will end up driving the wife nuts after awhile and she will send you fishing just to get you out of her hair for a bit.:smile2: LOL!!!! congrats on the new little bundle of joy coming your way.

13. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    congrats on the new fishing partner thats on the way rollo sounds like you got a good head on you hang in thear things will slow down

14. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    dont be hard on yourself jason . it just sounds like you are a true MAN ! you do what you need to do to take care of your family . your friend derric b.

15. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I don't really now how you guys see it...

but I don't see the need to FORMALLY enter or formally leave the contest. If you catch, submit:smile2:
    if you don't because you have your priority right and want to be a good dad. thats really admirable too :smile2::cool2:

unlike a tournament, these bragging contests aren't meant to be very serious (IMHO). just some harmless trashtalk, some friends encouraging each other to fish for the big ones, and a reason for posting on your states forum.

and even if your not SERIOUSLY looking for it, even as a new dad- you never know if you just happen to wet the line for 15minutes- and catch a 9#er channel:smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I dont think Jason was meaning a formal anything with it, I know that if he hadnt posted any catches there would be alot of peeps going wheres Jason threads LOL.

That and we want to beat the pants off of PA and we need to know if we are going to be a man down :tounge_out::smile2:

17. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Jason,
    You will be missed on here even if it is only a short spell. Like others have said, do what you need to do and just get out when you can and enjoy. Any time that you do something and you feel that you have to be competetive, it will burn you out. Good luck with the new little one and best wishes to all.

18. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Take care of the family, Rollo.

You'll be back before you know it.

19. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck with your new child. Enjoy those family moments brother.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    dang netmanjack. did you use JUST FOR MEN? :smile2:

cool rollo. congrats. thought you were leaving catfish1. see ya around jason.