Roll Call Upcoming Weekend

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by JPritch, Oct 22, 2008.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Coming down this weekend. Hopefully the boat will behave, it won't rain too bad, and the fish will be biting! But that's probably asking for too much.

Anybody else fishing?

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Well, I didn't mind the rains, but now it looks like strong winds from Friday through Sunday. Wind will keep me home. I hope the forecast changes.

3. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Good luck Josh!!
    We are going to Buggs Island.
    We have a friend with a home on the lake..
    Its the last weekend I will be off until Thanksgiving.
    Will be on the James then...
    mikeb

4. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Hope all the bad weather get out of the way before I head down in two weeks the wife don't care for the cold even though I did get a propane heater for the boat.Good luck on the water Josh.

5. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I depends how the water is flowing from the upper part of the James, if the current is too strong I will not be able to fish downtown, I may drive farther down river it just depends. Good luck.

6. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Good luck to all whop are going out on the James this weekend, we will be heading out to the Potomac to see if we can get something happining

7. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    depends on how bad the wind and rain gets!

got the engine swapped out now. can't wait to try it out.

hopefully the cooler weather lately will trigger some fish!!

vaughn

8. ladyjack7

ladyjack7 New Member

State:
    Chester, VA
    The last weather report i caught said 10-15 sothwest winds on sunday. at least its not northeastern. randy and i may give it go on sunday. watchin the weather pretty close temp suppose to be good though.:confused2:

9. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Welcome to the board,ladyjack7
    mikeb

10. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Also Welcome Lady. Keep the posts coming and share all your double secret spots!:wink:

11. ladyjack7

ladyjack7 New Member

State:
    Chester, VA
    Thanks for the welcome guys. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of some big cats and tales of the good ole james river.. hoping to post a few good ones of my own. The next big one may be just a cast away. Lady luck ride with ladyjack7 and all the guys here!

12. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    Hope to be out Sun.looking to be a great day winds now 5mph:big_smile_2: In my new (used) toon...I got a mercury 50hp supposed to be here Sat....

13. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hope you break her in good with some 50 pounders to go with the 50 HP.

Sunday looks like our window of opportunity. If its not raining to hard Sat morning, I'm bow hunting. Sunday is a fishing day.

Where is everyone launching from? Deep Bottom for me. Its the closest and I'm too lazy to explore other parts of the river,,,,,,,,,,Yet!

14. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Sunday is looking good, and I have Monday off if I need it.

See you guys on the river.

Think I'm gonna give "downriver" the all day treatment, as long as the winds are calm. You should come on down Kenneth.

15. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Since I haven't caught diddly squat the last two times out, I think I will give downstream a shot. This will be an explore day for me. Only concern is to where I should set my net for bait. I could always stop at Deep Bottom get bait, reload the boat and go to Hopewell but that seems like a pain in the drain if I don't need to. Looking for advice here?????

16. thelastcast

thelastcast New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've had a tough time with it lately (Like most of us for whatever reason..weather changes??) but when my normal bait spot (a private owned place where i put in at) isn't giving up bait,i check the dg spillways where the water comes out, & in the shallow shorelines along the river where there aren't any lay downs. (no particular spots) ...I just tore a net all to crap a couple weeks ago trying new spots myself..:angry::angry: It's a real gamble at $35 a pop! I might go out Sat. just for bait for Sunday if the rain ain't too bad. good luck & be safe.

17. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been looking into the castnet, I think with time and practice I can manage a good hurl at the bait. The loss of a net would put a real sour taste in my mouth. I don't have cash to just toss in the River...
    I'm fishing all weekend rain aside, I'm going to coat myself in Goretex and go for it. I work all week chained to a desk, I don't care if it's raining fire I'm fishing...
    good luck

18. thelastcast

thelastcast New Member

State:
    Virginia
    a few minutes after i replied about the bait spots, i realized you ARE NOT trying to be in those parts of the river Sunday.... yeah, another classisic blonde moment by randy hawkins....:embarassed: thank you all, and good night...LOL

19. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the bait tips. Josh reminded me about some spots down river to try so try I will,,,,,,,unless I go to the Bay. My brother is down there working through Tuesday and offered me his extra bed at the Marriott.

20. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    we'll be out on the chick sunday. just got another motor installed, and want to stay closer to home to try it out. we'll be on the james soon.

hey josh, find some spots near jordan point for me!

vaughn