roll call for alternative method guys

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by uttatoo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    please i am just trying to get a feel for how many people we have on this site that iether noodle set lines or jug fish and so we all might get to know each other and share some ideas

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    they call me gus and i run trotlines in sand pits and set lines in my river and also rod and reel about 3 times a week
    i have cought about 45flatheads to this date this year and have put 15 in my freezer and cooked i think 5 now this year all under 20 lbs my choice have been doing this 3yrs now even before i joined the boc
    if you need any help or would like to give some good advice i say post it here

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm Country and i just like to fish period. My tribe loves fish and wild game and we don't believe in wasteing it either. I know from experience that leaving lines out is bad mojo when the water drops and ya run into one on a 4 wheeler. Takem em up when your finished guys and please practice selective harvest. I could shoot 100 deer a year or catch tons of fish linin, but i don't need em.

4. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    I pole fish and run limblines but when noodlin season is happening you'll find me somewhere on the river everyday even when you don't catch fish it sure is a nice way to cool off:cool2:

5. kevinmays

kevinmays New Member

State:
    tn
    kevin mays here i rod and reel fish and love to run jugs w my boys

6. Redneck1

Redneck1 Guest

I've fished for catfish just about every which way possible Limblines, trotlines, jugging, and noodling. I will admit I enjoy catching fish on rod and reel also, because the only thing easier than catching catfish on rod and reel would be tying a "yo-yo" to the end of a cane pole and then I wouldn't even have to put my beer down to reel one in, and I've seen this done. If I'm catching enough on rods I may not even use these other methods, (except noodling I'm always gonna go noodling) but if I'm getting catfish poor it's really nice to have these alternate methods available to me. LOL
    :smile2:

7. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Add me to the list fellows. Mostly Jugs, once in a while limb lines. Used to trotline a lot but not much now. Rod and reel only on our local lake and jug fish over at our place in Oklahoma.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    add me. i have a life to live so i enjoy all kinds of fish and fishing.:wink::wink:

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yup, I fish whatever way is allowed, and productive, and in fitting with my schedule. I haven't had much time to fish this year, and my favorite lake is still flooded, so somebody has to be catching some fish lol.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've allways fished for cats,either with trotlines,or rod and reel. I ain't got the testicular fortitude to noodle ,and we aren't allowed to use limblines here in N M . I just like to fish.

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Although I R & R fish 90 % of the time and am a avid CPR catfisherman, I will include myself in your survey. I DO jug fish on occasion, like earlier this week. Jugging gives me the opportunity to keep plenty of small cats for the freezer. It's none of my business what you do with your fish, as long as it's legal and not wasted. After doing years of research, I made the decision to CPR all catfish over 10 lb's.. My decision, my business!

Jeremy, what thread got yanked? Wasn't your poll was it? Either way, I hope it wasn't because of anything I said.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep. i have no idea. it was gone today before i even checked back.:confused2:

seems its useless so ive joined the rambelers. fishing talk is mostly ending up in arguments. :sad2:

im gonna try and stay out of them for a while. but im gonna become real loose in holding back red reps.

13. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Add me to the list. Love to rod and reel fish but jugging is in my blood. There is something about reaching down for a jug and it disappears only to come up where you ain't.

14. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well you know you got to add me. I mostly trotline but will do every kind of fishing there is but noodling.

15. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Put me on the list. I mostly trotline for seacatfish in the brackish water of river mouths, but have done some noodling some years ago. Stumbled onto the noodling while diving for fossils and artifacts. As a kid we would use any method available to catch fish, those are some great memories.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    and those suckers are good eating. just smoked the last handfull of sail cat fillets last week. those are something.:wink:

and yours aint to much farther away. some in a week or two im guessing.

17. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I love to jug fish.. I haven't set out jugs much this year because it has been so bloody flooded and can't find the fish. The one lake that I been fishing a lot doesn't allow jugging, but all the same, if I am on a lake that allows it I definetely do it.

I am an active jug fishermen. Meaning I toss out free floating jugs and drift along with them. I don't bother to r&r fish when I am jugging. I usually run my 18 jugs that all fit nicely in my tote and just watch them religiously.

18. brucemacgee19

brucemacgee19 New Member

State:
    nc
    jugger here and present. put some filets in the freezer just about 4 hours ago. jugger and r and r guy. put out 51 jugs sat night and brought home 51 jugs....... good night. got to filet some nice blues this morning ...... they was full of mussels. how does that belly get so full of mussels and they still got time to eat my bait? good lord, thanks for sending me some cats!

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    No riot building... :)

20. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    start the timer lol.[/quote]

Be nice C4.:smile2:LMAO