Role call - Where y'all at Iowa?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by catsrking, Aug 13, 2007.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Seen this work well for other states, so thought I would give a shout-out to fellow Iowegians and see whats been up and who has been catching some fish. I just got back from fishing in Southern Iowa. Caught some channels, but none that were over 3 lbs. Quite warm right now. Thinkin' some of the best fishing is now at night or very early morning. Watcha all been catching - or not??

2. LittleRiverBigFish

LittleRiverBigFish New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Present and accounted for...

Tried Big Creek for a while on Saturday morning. Had two nibbles on cut chubs, not even enough to pull thru the clicker. Could have been bluegills pulling the guts out I suppose.

Talked to a friend who was picking up channels on firetiger shad raps fishing the dam. Also caught a 15-20 lb carp in the same fashion, not snagged. Need some cooler temps and rising waters for the fishing to pick up.

3. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    Hey, I'm in the Council Bluffs area. Mostly fish Lake Manawa and the Missouri, and every once in awhile I'll go up to Prairie Rose State Park and go after the flatheads they stock up there.

Getting ready to head out to Manawa in a few minutes... hopefully I'll catch something, I've been skunked for the last 2 weeks:embarassed:

4. rippinlips

rippinlips New Member

State:
    iowa
    MUSCATINE IOWA HERE. Caught some fidlers on the mississippi on saturday.

5. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Ogden here a few channels from 3 to 8 pound

6. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Outstanding. Despite the heat that accompanies the "Dog days" of August, their are catfish being caught right cheer in the Heartland. I will be out again next weekend (with my new Katbobbers of course)... :big_smile:

Hopefully we will hear from more Iowegians here on the thread. Happy cattin' to those who get out there.

7. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    Back at the spillway this weekend. 3 channels one 8lb one 5lb and one I dont even want to mention. No flattys. Maybe next week.

8. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Still alive and kickin caught pb bass last week the pic is posted in the bass section. I guess once you post it one place cant post it in another!! :tounge_out:

9. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    OK - here's a few Iowegians that have sounded off & are accounted for. Bet there is a bunch more out there. Is the recent rain helping or hindering y'all catchin' the whiskers??

10. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Still kicking here in CR. Hurt my back 3 weeks ago, maybe I'll try some lawn chair fishing till it gets better. So tired of laying around. primitive

11. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Sioux City, Ia here fish local oxbows and Big Sioux River.

12. madcater

madcater New Member

State:
    iowa
    knoxville here got my pb 9lbs last sat on the river i am going back to the river friday and satday hope ill get some more

13. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Caught my PB Flathead 31 lbs 2 weeks ago on the Missouri at 10:50 AM.

14. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congrats Billy on catching your PB Flatty - nice fish!

15. Longjohn119

Longjohn119 Well-Known Member

State:
    Iowa
    Davenport here .... been touch and go all year but lately things have picked up .... caught a 27lb 9oz Flattie last Thursday by the I-280 bridge and a couple of nights ago I caught 14 Channels totaling a bit over 40lbs fishing in the flooded grass in Credit Island Slough

Unfortunately by the next chance I get to go (Mainly because of the rain) the river will be at or near flood stage making it hard to get on the river or backwaters

Coralville or MacBride is looking mighty tempting for this weekend

16. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    the rains here have put an end to fishing here for the time being. the river has come up 20 foot in the last week, and the lake i fish is higher now than it was in 93.

17. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Longjohn -- Try Lake McBride, If you can catch catfish there please let me know how and where you did it. It is a beautiful lake and I'm sure it has a lot of big cat but I sure haven't been able to find them. Lake maps are availible at sport and bait shops, and it has everything as far as depth, structure, coves, islands, lot of riprap, etc. Good Luck and let me know K? primitive

18. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I know we got a bunch of rain yesterday, how 'bout you all? Overcast & misting right now. I don't know with all the rain we have had if I'll do any good, but planning to get some fishing in this weekend over by Newton. Good luck to anyone else venturing out.

19. madcater

madcater New Member

State:
    iowa
    ill let you know i am geting ready to go to the river up buy hart ford good luck to yall

20. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How did you do on your river trip Jon? Did ya clean-up on 'em?
    My fishing trip got trumped by more pressing family issues...:angry: Oh well, that's what tomorrow is for, right?