Rogue Pay Lakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by s_man, Jul 9, 2009.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I want to set up this thread to be a clearinghouse for firsthand information about rouge catfishing paylakes in Ohio.

Rouge, means that they buy catfish from unlicensed, everyday folks.
    It is illegal in the state of Ohio to buy or sell any sport caught fish.
    There are no "commercial" or "private" liscenses available in Ohio to permit the sale of Catfish.

Pay lakes are supposed to buy their fish from out of state (WV, KY, and IN...etc ) commercial fisherman.

If you have knowledge of a lake engaged in the illegal purchasing of catfish, please report them here.

Do not name the offending LAKE or POACHERS.

Just post your incident report here so that others may read it, and we have something to take to the DNR meeting in September.

I know this is a first step but we have to start somewhere.

2. Lignum

Lignum Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Sounds like a great idea. So far though, the only thing I have heard was 3rd hand info on a lake I was at last night. I met some other guys that said they seen a boat put out about a hundred jugs, and picked them back up in the middle of the night, and walked out with several hundred pounds of fish. Again though, 3rd hand info. It sucks.

3. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio

Good idea on keeping a thread for this purpose Skip. Good way to organzie our info. Btw though.....

rouge (r[​IMG]zh)
    n. 1. A red or pink cosmetic for coloring the cheeks or lips.
    2. A reddish powder, chiefly ferric oxide, used to polish metals or glass

rogue (r[​IMG]g) n. 1. An unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person; a scoundrel or rascal.
    2. One who is playfully mischievous; a scamp.
    3. A wandering beggar; a vagrant.
    4. A vicious and solitary animal, especially an elephant that has separated itself from its herd.
    5. An organism, especially a plant, that shows an undesirable variation from a standard.

adj. 1. Vicious and solitary. Used of an animal, especially an elephant.
    2. Large, destructive, and anomalous or unpredictable: a rogue wave; a rogue tornado.
    3. Operating outside normal or desirable controls: "How could a single rogue trader bring down an otherwise profitable and well-regarded institution?" (Saul Hansell).

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i bet if he was caught,his face would be rouge-like in color because of the embarassment from being caught.he was trying to kill 2 birds in one post.

thanks for the english lesson though garrett lol

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i was filling up the truck at the gas station,with my hog sticks in back, and this guy came up to me and asked where i was going catfishing .well any way,he flat out told me that he go s to the river right around south Bloomfield gets his fish and sells them to a pay lake called !!!!!!!!!!!!!!, i couldn't believe he just met me and was telling me this that in its self shows me how much of a A- HOLE he is:cool2:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My local bait shope owner told me of 2 differnt lakes that would buy all the flatheads people could take them.

7. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If someone really wanted to, it is perfectly legal to picket and protest in front of a paylake. Set up like a strike camp and post people to warn people who care to stop and listen about the goings on at those paylakes. Peaceful protest is one of our rights. If I was ever approached to sell any fish.... be it a catfish, bass, shad or shark.... I would refuse. Although I may barter with a friend who runs a bait shop and cast net a few dozen shad or skipjack but that is the extent of my fish trading.

8. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    that can be done if you dont stop walking back and forth, you can not stop:big_smile: the flow cars

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:

well,don't know about that then.how long could most of us older,maybe heavier set guys could actually walk around in a circle?
    either we would get dizzy and fall out,or have to set and take a break after a couple of minutes walking.

10. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    exactly- and you cant protest on there property!! you have to be somewhre that road doesnt meet property!! but then again people get permits to hold "road blocks" and raise money!! soooooo???:confused2:

11. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Anybody ever done a letter to the editor of the local paper?

12. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I will say this one last time and then keep my yap shut .... If you guys can get evidence on these lakes or people that selling the fish to the lakes and don't feel your GP will do anything about it ... Get me the information and I will see that gets to who it should and will do something about it. I need names (of lakes or sellers), license plate from trucks, trailers on boat numbers .... if you have this information and the place the fish are being take from ... contact me. I am NOT afraid to get involed ... I've already done that.

Garry-

13. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    lol,lol while i was on strike, we were told that we had to stay off the copanys land ,there was a sidewalk we stayed on, the reason for the ( keep walking) is that you dont need to get a permit ( the only time we need ed to get one was when we nee ed a shelter to get out of the bad weather for a min.)

14. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    the only thing i got is the lakes name and the place the fish came from. i don't have the sellers plate number. so that's no good then right?

15. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

I would suggest that you get a tablet or paper of some kind and keep a list of info you come accross ... For future info you come across write the day a time that you get the info ... you don't realize how fast info like this adds up when you are building a case against someone. When I was a GP or a deputy, I carried a small tablet with me and I wrote down everything about what someone was wearing discription of person and vehicle, time of day, etc. My rule of thumb is Details, Details, Details.

garry-

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ok I have a great Idea on how to get all of these people to not sell fish... what is it you ask...

Have them fish with me and either nothing will be caught or they will all be squeelers:smile2::tounge_out:

17. sgt_132

sgt_132 New Member

State:
    N-W Ohio
    Its like Garry McLaughlin said keep notes of what you see.When you are working an investigaiton a lot of things come into play. One guy may of see the defendant at a gas station at 1500hrs with a large tank with water in it but empty. The next guy may see the same vehcile with the 2 extra subjects at the river or lake at 2345hrs. Then at 0430hrs Mr. Patrolman may stop the same vehicle for a traffic violation and see the tank full of water with several large fish in it. That is what Gary is trying to say it take a lot to work a investigaiton. I deal with people every day that want to complain about things but they dont want to get involved. I make notes of this and I have solved B&E's that I heard info about 9 month before. There is a old saying and I think Gary will agree with me on this one. Why just run down and bust one guy for some little mimor misdemeanor when you can work the case and get several subjects, ( the guys netting, catching,selling and purchasing the contraband) Then what ever Courts it is filed in can do a lot more with the defendants. If you have a camera take photo's of the vehicle the subject is driving. Get the License plate number, take a photo of the license plate. Get a clothing description, was it a camo hat he had on or a Blue NAPA hat. This kind of information means alot to the invesigator or Officer that is working the case. If some guy aproches you about buying fish or selling him fish get his name,px number, plate number from his vehicle. You never no maybe the GP would do a reverse sting. Like Gary said get him the informaiton or get the informaiton to me and I will forward it on to the proper GP. Thanks Scott

18. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i am going to try your hot dog method,cause the live bait isn't doing nothing for me this year

19. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    :smile2:
    :smile2:lmao sorry, i cant keep from thinkin of barney fife on that one. :big_smile::cool2:

20. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If any one needs help I can mix a mean moulage....:eek:oooh::wink::smile2: