rods got stolen

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by txthumper1691, Dec 17, 2007.

1. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    The other day my wife was goin to help her ex-husband move some stuff, cuz we have a van, she had to take th back seat out and our fishin supplies, i.e. rod & reels, tackle bags and chairs, and put it all on her moms porch an left it for a few hours during th day. When she came back all my fishing poles were stolen. Just like that in broad day light they took only th rod & reels, left everything else. Now I have to start over. Th good news is I still have all 5 of my trot lines and all 12 jugs, so I can still catch'em, just have to have a boat to do it,lol.

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    in a few days check the pawn shops. when mine got taken, i found some of them at a pawn shop about a mile from where they were stolen. if the idiots are dumb enough to steal them they may be dumb enough to dump them close to you. good luck on getting them back. be sure and call the police now and file a report of stolen property. it will get your stuff back sooner if you happen to find it somewhere. when they took mine i never thought i would find mine when they were taken, but got most of them back.

3. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    It helps to have the serial numbers. I have the serial numbers of everything I own in a safe place. Also helps to have pictures for insurance.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Man that sucks Keith, I hope you find them and get them back.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I tell you that stinks ........

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Sorry to hear this. I'm sure her mom could have some suspects. Kind makes ya wanna go knock on some doors and make a point heard around the county.

7. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Takes a sorry person to steal a mans rod and reel. More than likely it was not a fisherman. Hope you find out who it was.

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    it's hard to find a worse non-violent crime than stealing a mans fishing gear:angry:

9. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I hope you get your rod back soon.I hate someone that steals.:angry:

10. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I feel your pain..on Christmas eve night a few years ago someone stole over 3K worth of rods and reels out of my boat, while it was sitting in our front yard..and I'm pretty sure it wasnt sanny clause..this thief was wearing cowboy boots..Insurance covered all but $500.. but what really got me was some of the poles were gifts from my dad when I was a kid..money cant replace those thing...:angry:
    I guess I never learn..about a month later some one stole my big tackle box,it had over $1000 in gear in it..My favorite was a old red and white plug that came out of my grand daddys old metal box..I never would fish with it for fear of loosing it..I imagine some crack head probably sold it for a quarter..:angry:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sorry to hear of your fishing equip loss. Heres hoping that you will locate them.

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I really hate to hear that kind of news. Ya just feel violated. Been there before with a truck.

13. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Keith maybe the yahoo " That's the only name I could think of to use on here" that stole your fishing stuff will get a hook in his hand and get lockjaw.:roll_eyes:
    I dispise a theif!!!:angry:

14. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Keith, sorry about your gear and I hope you get it back.
    No count, sorry, no good for nothing thief..:beat_brick::angry:

15. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Bad deal, man, sorry to hear it. The monetary loss is tough but just losing gear you've caught fish on (and if you're borderline certifiable like me have probably named) and that hold a lot of memories is a tough one. Hope you find the gear.

16. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Yeah, I didnt have pictures of them, nor did I think to get serial #s. I have checked th pawn shops, no luck yet, an tried to file a report, but they said since it was just some rod an reels worth less than $300, they wouldnt put a high priority on it, not to expect to get them back. sorry a@# cops. I am optomistic tho. It is a bad neighborhood that my in-laws live in, so probly a crack head stole it for dope $$. Th good Lord knows who it was, and he will give them what they deserve, me, I will start over an just be thankful that they didnt take anything else. This might be a good time to start saving for some custom rods from Black and blue &/or Safari rods. Give a plug to some sponsors. a tip of th hat an a hand shake.

17. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    That sucks! I feel for you.
    Bill

18. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Dang I hate thiefs!!
    I hope you get your fishing rods back Keith.

Jaime

19. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Man, that really stinks. I hate thieves with a passion. It seems like you can't keep anything unattended anymore. If you do, some lowlife steals it or tears it up.

20. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    [/quote]. Th good Lord knows who it was, and he will give them what they deserve, me, I will start over an just be thankful that they didnt take anything else. This might be a good time to start saving for some custom rods from Black and blue &/or Safari rods. Give a plug to some sponsors. a tip of th hat an a hand shake.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you'd think BOC sponsors would help a brother out around the holidays and not only get a dedicated cat man back on the water but build up all that positive word of mouth advertising that's worth it's weight in gold...(I'm trying TX, I'm trying...lol)