Rodrack on Harley Chopper?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, May 3, 2009.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    YESS THAT RIGHT!!!!!!

THIS WEDNESDAY IM FORCED " BY THE MVD RULES AND BLAH BLAH BLAH" TO GET MY MORTORCYCLE LISCENCE....

I CAN NOW RIDE AT NIGHT AND ON THE HIGHWAYS ECT......

IM PLANNING ON GETING MY FISHING LISCENCE AFTER THAT........

I DONT NEED ANY SPECIAL MODS FOR IT BECASUE AS MANY CHOPPERS DO I GOT A "STOCK " SISSY BAR OR ALSO KNOWN AS (PASSENGER BACK SUPPORT ):roll_eyes:

THE RACK IL BE USING IS A BERKLEY " HOLDER " LIKE FOR STORING ON THE BOAT... AND SIMPLY STRAPPING IT TO THE BAR..... ALL THE OTHER GEAR WILL BE IN A CHEPO 5 YEAR OLD BACKPACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW SOME MAY SAY " WHY NOT USE A VEHICLE" WELLLL........... I PROBABLY SHOULDNT COMPLAIN BUT THE DOCK IS 8 MILES AWAY........ I PLAN ON GOING AT LEAST 3 TIMES A WEEK .......... I GET ABOUT 45-50 MPH ON MY BIKE SO ID RATHER DO THAT AND SAVE WAY MORE FUEL THAN TAKING THE TRUCK ( V8 )

THIS HOW I THINK
    HARLEY = 2 CYLINDERS
    TRUCK = 8 CYLINDERS

SO I COULD GO ATLEAST 4 TIMES MORE ON A BIKE AND USE UP PROBABLY LESS GAS THEN THE TRUCK WOULD ON 1 TRIP

:wink::wink::wink::wink::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

ILL HAVE PICTURES OF WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE WHEN I GET THE CORDS AND GET READY TO LEAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeRoy:smile2:

2. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    What do you have for a bike? I have a 1978 1200 FLH but it has a 93cc stroker kit in it. Mine is also a 75 ani. full dress and no room for a rod rack.

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    There is no way im takeing my custum chopper fishing, lol. But best of luck.

4. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    lol yeah, the fatboy is stretched and lowered.. no way im taking that thing to the river! :wink:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Two questions Leroy. If you catch a fish of a lifetime how are you going to haul it? Is the area your going to park your bike safe? Good luck on your decision.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    So, when you head home with the catch...
    A slimy chopper; this I gotta see. lol :wink:

7. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    i have a sportbike and i could sure get to the fishing hole quick but deffinately wouldnt be able to take a pole i cant wait to see the pictures of your chopper and custom rod holders:smile2:

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    What I don't understand is how you can have a Harley in the first place and not have your license already???:confused2:

Be careful; don't take the tops off those rods at the drive-through:wink:...W

9. Widemouth

Widemouth New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'm guessing that you've worked out how you're going to get that 60 lb flathead back home on your motorcycle. You could bring the fillet knife, fillet board and ziplock bags with you, and pack your oversized saddle bags with ice, etc. I'm guessing that you'll angle the rod holder to the rear, so that the pull of a big cat won't take your motorcycle off of its kick stand. Being a motorcycle rider myself, I've thought about fishing from my bike as well, but have opted for the comfort of my pick-up truck, and all of the extra ammenities it can hold.

10. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Or, he could CPR. :wink:

11. Widemouth

Widemouth New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Catch and release, into the grease!