RodPod Steps out of the Drummer spotlight !

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by DeerHunter01, Aug 6, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    RodPod comes out of the Gutters

Congratulations RodPod

As some of you know Rodpod out of Evansville Indiana, Has been having some bad luck here lately, He has been trying really hard to nab the ole catfish that have been making fun of him for the past month. This boy puts in hours of time fishing the Mighty Ohio River and has been turning up with the bad hand for the last four weeks.

Just so I can bring you up to date, I will kind of start somewhere about a month ago. Metalman ( Winston Bush ) came down to the Henderson get together with his boat and took ole Rodpod out for a test drive of fishing that evening, If I am not mistaken ole Rodpod had caught two or three fishing that evening. Ever since then Brent feels as there is a black cloud over him every time he goes fishing to the extent of the time before he went fishing with me a Drum hit his rod and it was a nice size one too, was not a catfish but it was a fish !! (picture below) Anyway about two weeks ago this guy ole Rodpod went fishing on the Ohio River one evening and all the Flatheads in the river came to visit him. they were close to 10 yards from him in the size range of 50+ to 80+ Pounds, there was close to hundreds of Flatheads there swimming beside him, making fun of him !! As he tells it, when they would come to the top of the water they would even go to the extent of smiling at him, but none of them would take anything from his fishing line.

I have been feeling really bad for him so I took him fishing last night out on the Ohio River. We set out about 6:45Pm and caught a couple of Mooneye and we had about 6 Skipjack fresh with us from the night before. We went to a place where we knew there was several fish, but after a hour or so we decided to move. So I headed down the river on search of a new hole, After a bit of searching we found a nice new spot with several fish visiting the area.

Just after a small amount of time, Ole Rodpod fishing rod started to load up and Brent grabbed his pole and guess what he had a fish on, I was not sure how to take the laughter this man showed !! and the Joy that came out of him reeling in his fish, I got to the side of the boat to grip his fish with the fish grippers and I noticed he was soaken wet with sweat from fighting the beast !! I think were going to invest into a rod belt for now on !! Anyway as the fish got to the side of the boat I heard rodpod say Eric ! is it a catfish or a gar or Drum ?? (lol) Nope its a Catfish Rod !! and his bad streak was over as we got it into the boat !! (Picture attached)

One thing I need to tell everyone, As this guy has worked hard for a catfish over the past month as you sit and fish with him, you will hear these little words come out of his mouth ( 1, 2, 3 bite ) (1, 2, 3 bite ) over and over again looking at his poles. Anyway I was so tickled this guy broke his streak and he is almost back to normal now. Congratulations Brent on your Bluecat !

Attached Files:

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

The "Little Drummer Boy" is no more. I bet he's glad of that TOO! Congratulations Brent on getting back into the catfish! DH, didn't you catch any cats? I thought you would on that one pink rod that you didn't give to Stoney. Aren't they good luck? LOL. Thanks for the story and the pictures, nice fish and beautiful sunset. I enjoyed them.

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats Brent... Nice fish........

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congratulations, Rodpod... I could use a video on how that was accomplished...:big_smile:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby philosophy: If it stinks, change it.

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes, he is still our "Little Drummer Boy" but now he has learned to play the "Blues", LMAO!!!

Nice Blue Brent!!!! Bout time buddy! Keep up the chase.

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Brent. We knew that you could do it!!!!!

7. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Catgirl: Rodpod would not let me put in my fishing lines until he caught a fish !! (lol) , I lost a nice fish last night and had several take downs that did not want to stay on the hook !!

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

He was in YOUR boat and you still waited? Me thinks DeerHunter01 is too kind for his own good :lol: But you have to promise that if I ever fish with ya I get a headstart too. You mods have to be fair, no preferential treatment of BOC members who live nearby, ya hear? :big_smile:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Good story! Feels good when ya put someone on a fish! I luv it more than catchin em sometimes.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish Brent, congrats on the catch. Sorry you could not have better company. LMAO

11. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    WTG BRENT! We knew you could do it.....Congrats on that Blue Cat!:big_smile:

12. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Congratulations Rodpod. The drought is over.

ST

13. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on the fish rodpod lets get to together an go fishing some time nice fish

14. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Well done little buddy. Was it hard to get that bottom lip back in? I bet it had taken quite a set. I hope that fish is the first of a whole bunch...W

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Now if he can just get that chant out of his head.......1 2 3 Bite, 1 2 3 Bite, 1 2 3 Bite, 1 2 3, Bite..........and on and on.....
    LMAO!!!

16. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    nice fish rod the ohio is a good place to fish i was impressed .

17. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Congrats Brent. Nice blue. Whats up with the protest J.W. there are cats in the Ohio river.LOL

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    OK Brent, so you finally broke down and gave DH a monetary gratuity. I held out, but then he wouldn't put me on any fish. Oh well some people just have to pay for it I guess! :roll_eyes: lol

I cant wait for my first Blue.......:crazy:

19. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Yes the curse is finally over....dont let DH lie to ya, he had his lines in the water way before me, and he even hired 2 guys to keep drifting by my lines with their motor running at the dam. And then he caught 2 mooneye at the dam and said I couldnt use any till I caught some myself. Then i quickly reminded him that Im the one always throwing the cast net for shad and two can play that game. LOL The fishing was slow until about midnight, then they started hitting pretty good. Im just trying to train all the catfish in the Ohio when I say "1,2,3 bite".... Anyways, I just cancelled all of my ebay auctions with my fishing equipment and im actually excited to get out again. lol

Now its JWs turn, I dont think he's caught anything in a few months...if you're desperate you can use the 1,2,3 bite command.

And I think DH have really pissed off the fish in the Ohio, they were jumping all around the boat, and even had a fish splash him in the face when it jumped. That on top of being skunked by the drummer boy. LOL

Thanks,
    Ex-drummerboy
    Rodpod

20. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Thats a real nice blue! Congrats!!