Rodman reservoir big catfish?

Discussion in 'FLORIDA RIVERS TALK' started by Cuda-Cada, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Read in the Jacksonville, Fl. paper Thursday that a big catfish that was as long as the guy's tailgate and weighed between 55-60 pounds had been caught. It is said to have bottomed out a 30 and 45 pound scale. I left a message with the guy who wrote the article but haven't heard back from him yet. Anyone heard about this catfish?

2. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Bob----come on down to Palatka and join us on July 21st. We are having a Tournament then. We have started a New ACATS chapter here and already have 10 teams, hoping to have more by the Tournament date.
    Walter

3. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I wouldn't put much into that report because a fish that size would be either a blue or flathead. Roman only has chann,whites & bullheads and largest chann I've seen out of there in 30 plus years was right at 25#. The guy may have landed the fish some place else and reported it as a Rodman catch to protect his fishing spot. If I had to guess I'd say the fish came from the St. Johns river not Rodman.

4. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hello Guys,
    Come on over to Our Tournament on July 21st.at the Palatka City Boat ramp. Yelp there are some large cats in The St.John's.
    Walter

5. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Walter I'd like to go but don't think I'll be able to make it this time. Hope you have a great turn out & some nice fish are landed.

6. bodi

bodi New Member

State:
    missouri
    were at is the lake you are fishing looking for some were to fish

7. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Swampy---May be next time. We will have another tournament Sept. 8th.
    Thanks I hope so also.
    Walter

8. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    The last time I looked rodman resv. was on the oakalawaha river and it dumps in to the St Johns river and the St Johns has monster blue cats and they should be going into the small rivers and streams in may and june to mate.
    I have caugth some realy big blues in the wekiva river it is south of the oakalawaha near sanford fl
    That may be a good storie ,I would like to see some picts.
    bewell mule

9. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I talked to an owner of a bait shop in Palatka yesterday and he confirmed the story. It was a channel catfish and he weighed it on a certified 45 pound scale. The fish bottomed it out quickly. He is going to try to find out who it was for me. I sure would of liked to have seen that fish. Probably a state record and maybe a possible world record.

Walter,
    Thanks for the invite. I spend a lot of time fishing for flatheads in Georgia and the Appalachicola river here in Fl., but I might come down to watch a weigh in sometime. Good luck with the new chapter...

10. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Bob Thanks But its more fun if you are doing a weigh in.:cool2:
    Some big cats were caught a few weeks ago. Hope you can join us sometime, we have a great group. Just had a call from a couple of guys down state that wants to join us.
    Have a great day.
    Walter