Roddy Hunter 181 Conventional Saltwater Fishing Reel

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by Bigballer, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigballer

Bigballer New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey guy's I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of these Reels? I've found some on sale and they say they are like the penn reels. Does anyone know anything about these. Are they good? Is anyone useing these?
    Thanks
    BB

2. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have one I bought several years ago off ebay. Wish I didn't, it has a bent worm gear and I don't know where to get replacement parts.

3. Bigballer

Bigballer New Member

State:
    Indiana
    So you wouldn't recomend this reel? I was looking up Penn reels and got a google hit that this one was compariable. But then I got to looking and it says comparable in size.

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I have handled those reels in my local baitshop, they are not even close to being compared to a Penn reel. I would save your money and get somthing else.

5. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Right, I would not recommend them, they are no where near the quality of Penn. I love my Penn 220 GTOs.

6. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Might consider a Dawia. I have a 900h and it's awesome

7. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    a fishing buddy of mine has 4 of these reels. They are really not that bad. The drag is OK, decent line capacity, you are just not getting the bullet-proofness of a Penn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.