Rod Tubes and Cases

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Stormin_Mormin, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Stormin_Mormin

Stormin_Mormin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Doing a lot of traveling this summer, what would be a good and fairly inexpensive way to take along my rods?

2. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    I Dont Know But I Would Also Like To Know Because I'm About To Spend Alot Of Money On New Rods And Reels, And Dont Want Them Getin Broke In The Bed Of The Truck Or Boat..........

3. chuck99

chuck99 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thinwall 3"- 5" drain PVC with screw on covers....................may not look real nice, but cheap and safe............

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
  5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this. I like the heavy sch40 pipe (PVC). You can :lol: add handles to this by drilling a couple of holes and adding a piece of leather waist belt.
    Either bolt or rivit attachment. Your rods will be well protected.

6. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Cabelas has a couple of nice soft cases in there cat.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I found these really nice rod tubes for both flyrods and spinning/casting gear. They are made by CRYSTAL RIVER at least thats whats embroidried on them! I only paid like 19-20 bucks @ for them too! I don't know if they have a website but you could probably "google" it and find em'.
    Good luck!

8. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Those cheap, plastic gun cases, the kind with eggcrate foam in them, are another option. They are especially good for two-piece rods, with the reel attached.

9. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have used the cardboard from rolls of carpet.They come 12 feet long and you can cut them with a wood saw.I screwed pcv caps on the ends.Most carpet shops will give these to you for free. These are a little heavy, but really strong.