Rod tips

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by catfish1516, Dec 26, 2006.

1. catfish1516

catfish1516 New Member

State:
    Reidsville ,North Carolina
    I broke a few rod tips and the ones at wally world are to small to fit. How can i find the exact size for the rodtips without taking it to a bait shop, I just want to order the tip out of bass pro

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Andy you will save yourself time and money to go to a local tackle store that has an assortment of guides and tips. Take the rod with you and they will install the tip while you are there. Probably will cost $3.00-$5.00. Otherwise you will have to know the exact sise of tip you need to order. Hope this helps.

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    he's right, or else buy the 3pack at walmart and use the one that fits. I did this and needed all 3 for diff rods. it was only 4 bucks and took 15 mins. The tip on the main rod that i use has finally started to move around and that was over a year ago when i put it on.

4. catfish1516

catfish1516 New Member

State:
    Reidsville ,North Carolina
    I have used the ones from wally world, heck, even bought the rod i need them for from walmart but they just don't fit, they are in the big rod category. I was looking through the bass pro catalog and it had the size of rodtips in "mm" so can i just use a caliper and measure the top of the rod.

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    A micrometer will do the job.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    BPS has a good selection.