Rod Tip problem

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Chicago, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I recently purchased a fishing rod. I won't say what brand it was because although EVERY post in this section discusses rods by their brand name, when I mentioned THIS brand earlier my thread magically disappeared (despite mentioning how much I actually LOVE the rod). I thought perhaps my thread was relocated to the "repair" section, but its gone.

Anyway, an air bubble that was on the tip of my mystery rod popped, leaving an empty hole. I can see straight down to the wrap. I have contacted the owner of the company, who I hear is a super swell guy. However, if by some slim chance he doesn't get back to me, I just would like to know what type of clear coat or compound to put on my rod.

By the way, thank you to the gentleman who gave me the owner's number earlier. Thank God I called it before my post was unnecessarily removed. (and I say unnecessarily because this Rod Review section is full of brand name discussions as well as repair/replace/picture-by-picture tutorial information for fishing rods)

Here is a picture of my problem.

Attached Files:

2. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    i read your earlier thread!! that is bs !! why dont we all just avoid using brandnames or names of fish or whatever !! so does that mean we cant mention cajun line ,abu,penn,uglysticks because they are not sponsors?? i hope they removed it for some other reason than asking about a catamahunda safaritis rod!! they are awesome rods!! maybe it was something else - i hope- because if its the case i will be disappointed in the mods on this site!! :big_smile:

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Clean with denatured achohol/acetone and get some Clear nail polish or ScratchFix 2in1 Clear Top Coat by Dupli-Color, one drop a do ya..:wink:

4. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    it might have been because his name and phone number were posted!! and he is not a sponsor anymore! therefoe no advertising in any way!

5. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Oh man. :crazy: You're about to get your entire avatar taken away :smile2::smile2::smile2:. I admit that I'm a little disappointed about, mostly because I really just want advice about the damn clear coat in time to go fishing. I can't possibly be more satisfied with the rod itself. Not sure what I have to say to get that point across.

6. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    BINGO!!! You are the man Flamekeeper:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

7. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    You're probably right Titan. I didn't think of that. I take back my anger.:angry::smile2::smile2::smile2:. You gotta admit, I was pretty nice about it:big_smile: