Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new rod to fish for cats and strippers. The area I fish that has larger cats (12 - 20 lb range) and strippers (8 - 16 lb range). It is in the aqueduct which is like a cement lined river, water runs about 10 to 20 knots when the gates are open. It's about 30 - 40 ft wide and about 20 - 30 ft deep.

·
Registered
867 Posts
check out Randys rods at black and blue tackle,they are very good rods and he will make them to do what you want it to do,they are very reasonable also,he is in the sponsors area

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I LIKE THE SHAAKESPEARE TIGER ROD OR THE ANERICAN RODSMITH HAMMER I THINK BOTH WILL WORK O K:big_smile:

GOOD LUCK A LOT INFO HERE

·
Registered
93 Posts
if youre looking for something a little cheaper, go with an uglystick catfish rod....i've taken mine out to the peirs for salmon and have launched 3/4 oz spoons a mile with a musky baitcaster......then just get strange looks as i reel in a 20 lb salmon like it's a bass, most guys out there play the fish till it's almost dead....then again most of the time i release them...the faster it gets in, the better off the fish is....i also get funny lucks from the peir rats after tossing in a fish lol.....the rods have a softer tip, but it's great for casting and they can take a beating....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.