Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Looking for a good garage rod reel combo storage rack system. First what kind of rods I am trying to store.
1鈥. Need a vertical rack only.
3鈥.I have About 7 big Garcia 5500cs and 6500cs bait casters on bigger catfish / salmon type rods.
3鈥.I have about 12 old spincast rod / combos with Shakespeare 1795 , 1799 , Johnson 100B reels on 6 foot medium weight rods.
4鈥 have about 6 medium to big open face spinning Reel / Rod combos. Couple are on big 10 -12 foot ocean Okuma rods
So a mixed bag on the 25 combo鈥檚. I don鈥檛 think I want a stand along rack like the ones that have a big dial on the bottom. Don鈥檛 think I they would hold up to the weight even if I bought 2 of them. I really have to much stuff for a guy that plans on retiring in a few years and might and mean might go the 5th wheel retirement route. That will be another question soon for you readers. Ha ha ha. Anyway what vertical rod/reel combo racks would you recommend ? thanks. Marty

Registered
If you're thinking of downsizing to a fifth wheel for retirement.you'd better think about which combos you want to keep and start downsizing now. I did that then took losses on combos I had just to have room to keep my most prized. I built a 10x12 building for washer/dryer, extra frig and deep freeze and used full studs so the ceiling would be high enough then added a storage shed so now all I can do is stand my rods and reels in the corner.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts