Rod storage ,lock em' up HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by heyop_erator, Jan 22, 2009.

1. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We just got a different boat and I was wondering if anyone had any good pictures of a storage containment system for the rods and reels? I would like to be able to lock the reels in so those thugs /thieves will not be able to get off with them. Any help would be appreciated.

2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i don't have much storage on my boat but if i did i think i would still take my gear off the boat, if thugs want your stuff it doesn't matter if its locked or not, i found out the hard way when my motor(a 40 hp mariner) was stolen last spring:confused2:, steering cable cut along with every other cable, ever since i try not to keep anything on the boat, and now i have 2 different locks on my motor

3. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    I agree that there isn't much you can do when it comes to a boat. you can lock it, but thieves can still get in without a lot of trouble, whether its cutting the locks, or sliding the pins out of hinges:sad2:

4. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    one of the best ways is out of site out of mind , hide them

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    All I can say is just don't leave them in the boat.

6. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I never leave my boat unattended when stopping at any store for any amount of time. I've got too many expensive toys in it to be a trusting person. Bait tank $550, rods and reels $600, fish finder $1100. The list could go on. While at home they are left in the garage.

7. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I heard some one say they used a ski locker box. It was waterproof and locked too. I thought someone would have done some type of box.