rod & reel

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by skawez, Feb 6, 2008.

1. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    Well I did it.. I bought my first rig I "pieced" together... I got a CATMASTER 7'2" double resin coated glass rod which is the stiffest rod ive ever handled I have to say. Then from listening to all you guys I went and bought my 1st bait casting reel.. boy this is going to be fun. After listening to this and that and the background ive picked up on I chose what I "HOPE" to be a good reel. its a Abu Garcia Ambassadeur C3 series 6500C3. I went with 50 lb spider braided moss green wire. Now I only got 150yrds on the reel and theres plenty of room for more. But considering ive never stripped my line out that far im again "HOPING" thats enough. Im not new to catfishing but am very new to going after the MONSTERS in the river. I went out to the river 5 times last year and became HOOKED when I snapped my 30 lb mono line. This year I want to be ready! Does anyone see anything wrong with my rig? if so please let me know so I can correct it before I head out. suggestions Please.

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    SOUNDS GOOD, NOW GO CATCH A BIGGIN !!!

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Don't see anything wrong w/the rig, but it does'nt hurt to spool the reel all the way just in case!!!!:wink:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great rig. It won't be long until you can try it out and catch yourself a monster.

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    can't go wrong with the abu-garcia or the rod, but definently fill that spool up. helps with casting and those gnally bird-nests. just practice and appreciate.:big_smile:

6. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    i see nothing wrong with that combo.