Rod & reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by aggie2305, Apr 24, 2007.

1. aggie2305

aggie2305 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Steve,

Those are some nice ones, but you may want to think about getting something with some "stopping power" just incase you hook-up with a cat that has some size to it & doesn't want to come to shore (or to your Boat :wink: ).

You may what to check this out, it's about in the same price range: :big_smile:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_60344_100003002_100000000_100003000_100-3-2

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    For channel cats, I'm a fan of the 7' MH ugly stick. Any of those would probably work just fine though.

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The middle one sounds best out of the three for catfishing.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL

Yeah I'd agree with that, but I would look at an ugly stick catfish rod, they even make a spinning combo, which is about the same price as those. I started out with one and it has been good to me.

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Wal mart has a shakespeare catfish spinning combo for 19 buck triggerspin you will not beat the rod i use them on my guide service and have never broke one even with 60lb fish on them. The reel will do great foe smaller fish under maybe 15 or 15 lbs . For what I do the gears just can't keep up so I add the ABU 6000 and will pull anything you can catch in with that set up.