Rod Rack For Boat

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by metalman, Dec 21, 2007.

1. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Quite a few guys have asked about the rod rack in the back of my boat so I thought I would put together a few words with pictures that may help others with a design idea. The original design is mine but I did modify it to be adjustable after DH asked me one day why it wasn't as the ideal rod position for drift fishing is not the same as when anchored down so credit to him for that idea.
    The whole thing is made of stainless steel and can be folded down flat so the boat cover can be used to travel. If necessary the whole rack can be completely removed from the boat in less that 30 seconds, the only parts left behind being the mounts.

Picture 1 shows the mount. There are 4 of these.

[​IMG]

Picture 2 shows the mounts in position, there are 2 on each side exactly opposite each other.

[​IMG]

Picture 3 shows how each of the 4 "legs" attach to the mounts.

[​IMG]

Pictures 4 & 5 show the adjustable rear leg and it's attachment to the main frame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picture 6 shows one of the threaded bushes that accept the 1/2"-13 thread of the "Pro" sized Driftmaster rod holders. There are 7 of these equally spaced along the cross bar.

[​IMG]

Pictures 7 & 8 show the rack in the low position for drift fishing with the rear leg is fully retracted while 9 & 10 show it in the high position with the rear leg fully extended.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picture 11 needs no explanation!!

[​IMG]

...W