Rod Question

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by stangcrazy85, Jun 28, 2009.

1. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    i recently purchased a 10 ft glowstick and freakin love it but i was looking into a Wild Kat King Kat 10 ft er or the shimano M-ocean just curious if any of yo have used any of these or have a preferance on rod
    i am a bank fisherman if that helps
    Thanks Brothers

2. phein223

phein223 New Member

State:
    ohio
    both those rod suck ass if you want the best bang for the buck get a st.croix and never have a problem

3. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Get yourself a couple more Glowstiks, that way when you're not fishin' you can have "lightsaber" fights with friends:tounge_out:

I dunno man....my Glowstik is without a doubt my favorite rod, only thing better than a Glowstik is TWO Glowstiks!

4. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    OH NO A ROD SNOB!!!!!!!!! Can you have lightsaber fights with your fancy $300 St croix????:tounge_out:

hehehehe, just kidding Cory, welcome aboard!:big_smile:

5. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll stick with my Catmaxx rods!!

6. richard84

richard84 New Member

State:
    ky
    there are alotta good rods out there for the bank fisherman...i love the costume strikers by master...night sticks are good as well...i never could afford a st croix so i dont know much about them...my opinion is that you need more backbone to your rods from the bank the you do on the boat...ya have to get them turned before they find those dang snags...hope you enjoy whatever you get...keep on castin folks

7. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I've bought two Glowsticks but haven't been able to try them yet. I got an 8 footer and a shorter 7 footer for use where I don't have all that much room. It appears they are pretty beefy. I have Shimano Cardiff 401A (LH) reels on both and 65# Power Pro. I got them because I wanted a sturdier rod for these reels and needed to keep cost down right now.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea if your happy with them why not have another. their is also a new sponser making a go at it with some 10'ers

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    First post. Way to go !!!

10. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

State:
    ohio
    i fish from bank and boat. i fish with a shakesphere sturdy stick that is 6,6 and has a penn 220 GTO levelwind reel on it. and i also have a penn mariner 7,6 rod with a penn 309 on it. i have never had a problem. :wink:

11. Bocan

Bocan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i have two of the 8' glowstiks and i just love them. im thinking if you love yours get a matching set, stick with what you already know you like.

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I have never seen a rod do that... How can you call a St. Croix a good bang for the buck? The first time I close a $300.00 rod in the trunk..... SSSSHHHHHooooooooeeeeee!!!!!!!!! I'd hate to hear that language.
    This is a site for friends who support each other. Welcome aboard, and hope your days are better so you can share the good side of yourself with us ;)

13. joeldavid

joeldavid New Member

State:
    Mesa, Arizona

What's funny to me is that coming from a flyfishing background St. Croix rods ARE the budget rods! and people think nothing of spending 500-800 dollars and many fishermen spend more. For 300 dollars if you slam it in the trunk they replace it you pay shipping. If you have ever fished with a high end rod you know it's SWEET the sensitivity is amazing and the castabliity is unreal. That said for chucking bait to cats a cheepie rod will catch fish all day long.

Joel

14. T Man

T Man New Member

State:
    Grenada MS
    I have 4 St Croix panfish rods I think ay good rod will do for cats as long asi it is tuff St croix are high modeulos rods made to feel somethig sinsitive with MOST catfishing is done by visually seeing the bite or hearing a clicker So The cheaper E Glass rods do fine

15. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know I am the last person who should say this but, "If it aint broke don't fix it". If you have a combo you like and works for you, stick with it. The reason I say I should say this is, I have been buying different rods left and right lately. I haven't gotten a chance to use any of them, but i will write reviews of all the rods i try out. Catch a big one SGT Shorey out