Rod Id

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by primitivefrn, Dec 13, 2006.

1. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    What are some of the ways that , you have put your name on your poles that stay.
    In Missouri you are suppose to have your name on, on your poles if fishing with more than, 3 poles, can write a ticket if they want, never heard of it though, just wanted some ideas on puting your name on a pole.
    Jim

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Call me cheap! I just took some white shipping labels and wrote the information on them, then covered them with clear shipping tape.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Paint markers come in all kinds of colors

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I get all sorts of pre-printed address lables in the mail from different magazines,subscriptions,charities,etc....more than I need for mailing out bills.......I got those suckers stuck on everything I own that I take outdoors with me.
    I have a garage full of crap that I find walking the dog in the woods or around the lake......I'll make an attemp to return them if there is some type of I.D. on them,but most don't.

Why would anyone want a camo pocket knife or flashlite??:eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: Lay it down once in the woods and you'll never see it again.....sorry...got kinda off subject

preprinted address labels is what I use on my rods.:big_smile:

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Ditto. Except I ran the labels through the laser printer as nobody would be able to read my handwriting...

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I dont know what the laws are as far as how visible it has to be , but if it just has to be somewhere on the rod how about engraving it on the reel seat where the reel will cover it.