Rod Holders

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by John(Bullhead)Hagen, Aug 31, 2008.

1. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :roll_eyes:Well had a great night on the river Friday,19 fish. Big one 12# smallest 6#.Great fishing and good friend what could be better.Oh i know not having my rod fly out of rod holder with a big one on.It could have been worse it wasnt one of my Garicas.Here is what to watch out for we use berkly rod holders and have great luck with them,but you have to tighten the angle attachment knob every so often.The one that tipped is the new one we put on at work on our lunch break.So tighten them every so often.Here is what happened rod tip went clear to water just bang.We where at other end of boat netting fish for Joe when bang still on and down to water it goes,this time rod holder tips down and straight toward the water out straight away goes the pole like a harpoon.

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    hate you lost a rod but at least you was geting fish thanks for the report brother

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like the drifmaster 1/2'" rod holders. They do a great job.

4. George walker

George walker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like the pvc (home made) very strong

Attached Files:

5. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice picture of the pvc holders, they look mighty tough!

6. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    We make rod holders out of perforated angle and pvc tubing. Never had a problem with it.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    All my crazy ideas ive worked on over the years and you do that. :angry: Just kidding Buddy, lol. Gotta love this place, now I get to spend 4 dollars for new holders.