Rod Holders

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by dieselcat, Jul 29, 2008.

1. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    :0a21:I curently do not have any rod holders on my boat and it's a pain in the a$$.i have been looking at some that are just like the driftmasters that a guy is making in his shop,they are 3/8" and i want to go with the rail mounted 1'ns because i don't want to drill hole in my boat. has anyone used the rail mounted rod holder?do they hold well?:0a36:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have 6 driftmasters mounted on a rod rack. They work great. The trick is finding a friend like i did who gives ya the driftmasters. I like em.:wink:

3. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have 5 drift masters mounted on a 2x8 stretched across the back of the boat. I can't see how I fished without them. Nearly lost several rods before putting them in the boat. You won't regret having them.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    You'll probably be disappointed with those 3/8" driftmaster knock-offs. Spend a few bucks and get 1/2" genuine Driftmasters. You won't be sorry.

The rail mounts should work fine, BTW.

5. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    marty is right, get the 1/2 i have 6 of them on rail mount they work great.

6. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    john, i will be needing your friends # so he can give me some holders also:smile2:

7. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    only problem with buying 1/2" ones is i cant find the rail clamp mount for the 1/2' one's.i found those holders on e-bay and by looking at them i can't tell a difference in them and driftmasters they are coated and got the wing nuts and they are available in 1/2",best of all they are only $30 for 6 plus $9 shipping.slow at work right now so was trying to save a few bucks but maybe i'll do some resurch on them first

8. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Well you'll all be glad to know i ordered me some rod holders and i went for the driftmasters,can't wait for them to get here so i can install them on my boat:big_smile: