rod holders

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Steven Armstrong, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    what kind of rod holders are you useing? we want to out fit our boat with rod holders and would like some that we can pull our rods out of quickly and easy. if you can post me some pictures of what you are using.

2. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use driftmaster Lil Pro's on my boat. I use 4 in the front and 2 on the sides.

catman george

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I got 6 on the back of Whitie, there nice. You ain't gonna break em or lose a rod.Good friend give em to me so i couldn't beat the price. Thanks Robert, i love em.:wink:

4. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    my buddy i fish with mounted seven of the pvc rod holders on a treated 2x4 and they work excellent. he used 1/2" dia. pipe. c-clamps the board to the side of the boat. i have drift master but if i was to do it over i would go this route. can't beat the price. they work every bit as good as mine. we got the idea out of the boc library.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I like the pvc idea. I just couldn't figure out how to mount them. Got to love the BOC library

6. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Driftmasters, 1/2 inch models if you can find them, 3/8s if not. I have 6 on the side 2 on the rear. All on 1 inch round rails. Thanks for the post and keep them lines wet.

7. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
  8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Been using Driftmaster Pro's for years. Excellent choice.

9. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I do alot of striper fishing as well as catfishing so I use a combination of styles and brands to fit my needs. Heres a pic of the back of my boat with two santee specials and two dual position driftmasters and also my in-transit rod holders across the back can be seen here.

Attached Files:

10. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Steve I use atwood pro's and here is a pic of the back of my boat

Attached Files:

11. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i bought some driftmaster knock offs, found them on ebay ,i`m going to try these, i have eight mounted and plan to add two more over the weekend. thanks!

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use driftmaster duo pros

13. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I use Berkely quick set rod holders.

14. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    driftmaster is about the best one on the market for heavy duty fishing. The side mounted plastic one work well also. Don't know the brand

15. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    I got two sets of the ebay knock offs. Mounted the first set on the back of the boat about like the picture of Catman 4926's set up. They work great for trolling as well as stationary fishing. Can't beat that price for what you are getting.

16. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I use Driftmaster Duo-Pro... made to hold rod at two different angles, and made of 1/2" SS rod. Even the big blues can't bend them!

17. FishOnChuck

FishOnChuck New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I recently bought Driftmaster Duo Pros and mounted them on my pontoon boat with the flat rail bases. Work great. I have gotten hung up a few times while drift fishing and put quite a strain on them -- they did not give. No REALLY big blues on them yet, but I'm waiting . . . . .