Rod holders

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by Creteus, May 7, 2008.

1. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Any ideas on sit-in rod holders? I bought some clamp on rod holders and no matter what I did, and I did alot, I couldn't get them to hold a pole. Did some hammering on the clamp to where it would grip the rail and it held the pole vertical but for trolling around one little bite will pull the darn thing off. I normally cross the poles between my legs and hold'um with my knees but man thats agrivating in heavy surf. I'll be heading back to Destin for a week in two weeks and would love some advice if there is any. Thatks folks.

2. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I don't really know what sit-in rod holders are. I just purchased some on eBay for a pontoon project but they bolt on. 6 for $50 with shipping very good quality. Only issue they were parallel to the water for crappie fishing. But I put a big pipe wrench on them to adjust. Got them in 3 days. Worth a look. eBay seller was pro-stan-2

3. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    The "sit in" is the type of kayak I have.

4. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Try http://www.madfroggear.com/products.html . The lilly pad is probably what your looking for. You attach it to your deck and then you attach rod holders to it. Its nice because nothing is permanent and I think you can put it in front or behind you. If you get it be sure to put a review on here so we all know how it works.

5. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have been looking at a fishing kayak, glad to see others on here. My wife and son are now into the kayak thing and we're about to go purchase mine. Still not sure I want a fishing kayak since I just purchased a new boat. But hey you never know have fun and be safe. One question, ever land a big blue cat in one?.

6. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Casey welcome to the BOC

7. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    that'll probably do it.

8. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    These accessories would be especially great for those who have custom strip-built or stitch-and-glue kayaks.

Thanks for the great information. Reps to you, Casey!
    :0a31: