Rod holders?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by los7883, Aug 3, 2007.

1. los7883

los7883 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I usually fish from the bank/floating dock and was wondering what kind of rod holders you guys use. I have a couple of those wire ones from cabelas that you just push into the ground, but they dont' seem big enough, too low to the ground.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Carlos, I see by your post count that you are somewhat new on the site, and that shirt, gosh, I'd recognize that shirt if I ever saw it before. But at any rate, Welcome. You have found the most knowledgeable place on the internet for catfishing, and probably all types of fishing/outdoors pleasure. Now, I could probably answer your question, but that would only be my opinion and it takes serious money to go with my opinion to even buy a cup of coffee. So, what I have done is to provide you with a link to the B.O.C. Library where knowledgeable guys from the entire country and accros some of the oceans respond to general fishing. I recommend you browse through this libarar just to become familiar with what is there... I know there is a section on rod holders...LOL... but probably other stuff you'd be interested in also. Here is the link....

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38576

Go SOOOONNNNNEEERRRRSSS!!!!!

3. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Piece of rebar as long as you want it and 2" pvc about 1'. Wrap the pvc with duct tape aroun the rebar. Very cheap very strong.

4. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    jedt has you on the right path. I bought some kinda like them at Bass Pro only because I was in a hurry to get to the river. With these types of rigs you can sink them in the ground at any angle you feel comfortable with and they are strong enough (especially made of rebar) that you won't have to worry about your equipment.

5. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I can show you some I have but they only work with bait casters just say so if you want to see them