Rod holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Apr 20, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    DO ANYONE KNOW HOW I WOULD ADD ROD HOLDERS TO MY BOAT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fabius_river_rat

fabius_river_rat New Member

State:
    Northeast Missouri
    Hi Willie,
    I'm new here, only a couple days but I did find a LOAD of Information in the Libray section on this site. I do believe there were several articles about installing & making rod holders for your boat...........good luck and welcome.

3. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    For the front, I would use rail mounts: Down East (my first choice) or Scotty. Installing rod holder to the rear does not look difficult. If you fish rivers or streams, I would install a board across the back either out of aluminum or wood. You could also install some on the gunwales toward the back. It looks like you can easily access the underside of your fiberglass. I would through bolt anything I attached back there with a backing plate underneath the fiberglass. Be sure and tape the fiberglass before you drill. You can use either wood (plywood works well) or aluminum for the backing plates. I'm not sure how wide your gunwales are, but if it were my boat, I would install two rod holders on each side and mount some kind of bracket (to hold a board) to each side of the flat areas on the transom and mount at least 4 rod holders to the board.