Rod holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Goebel13, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Goebel13

Goebel13 New Member

State:
    evansville indiana
    I wondering if anybody can tell me what kind of rod holders to for my boat that i am setting for cat fishing this year. thanks Ben goebel

2. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    I like my driftmasters, easy to get rods out.

3. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    My vote also goes for the Driftmasters. I tried some of the plastic ones from Wall Mart and Cabellas. I just didn't like them gave them to a friend he is happy as a lark with them. I wound up making the bases for mine. For the pontoon boat they just clamp around the square tubing rail. For the 16 ft flat bottom I got a little more serious because I diddn't want anything on the top of the gunnell. I tried the 1/2 " pro model and don't like it as well as the little pro with the 3/8" thread. One thing that I ran across after I was through mounting mine was a base that has three different angle holes in it. I have not seen any good selections of the bases to look at. Hope this helps.

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    welcome to the BOC ben i use attwoods from wallmart $12.99 each they are plastic composit but very strong when used properly iv had a rod hang bottom when drifting and the holder held the boat back in 4mph current on the ohio river my boat is a 16' river jon i have 15 holders

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ben welcome to the BOC. As already mentioned drifmasters or atwood rod holders should do you just fine. The atwood has more adjustments if this is needed. The driftmasters are made of metal. :big_smile:

6. Goebel13

Goebel13 New Member

State:
    evansville indiana
    i was looking at the driftmasters but did not know which one to get can anybody let me know. thanks Ben

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  8. brent

brent New Member

State:
    texas
    bee ready rod holders.easiest to use hands down