rod holders

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by hawgmaster, Oct 2, 2009.

1. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    im looking to buys some good bank rod holders and all i can find are these cheap flimsy sticks. the ones i am looking ofr are the kind that will hold your pole off the ground any help in locating some decent holders would be welcome. thanks all for looking and always tight lines!!

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't know of any that specialize on ground holders, but I have seen several rod holder brackets that can be staked into the ground and rod holders attached. Check the library.

I would like to recommend some Monster Rod Holders. You are not going to find a better made/more durable holder anywhere. I know bank fishing can be hard on equipment so you are going to want the best.:wink:

4. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I highly recommend the heavy Spiral holders. You can get them in downtown Columbus at R & R Bait for $ 6.49. I've seen them cheaper but not anywhere in in town that i know of.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    These are what I use.
    [​IMG]

6. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I just bought a 10 foot section of 2 inch PVC pipe and then cut into 2 foot sections. Its pretty easy to drive into the ground or just pile up rocks around them,and it wiil hold your rods up and withstand alot of pull.

Attached Files:

• 118.jpg
      118.jpg
      File size:
      23.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  7. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use a 2 ft peice of 1.5 or 1'75 in pvc,one end cut at an angle.
    I have no problems whatsoever

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Chris: Welcome to the BOC. You can find so very inventive ideas in the members library. I like a rebar/PVC combination for bank fishing. You can use pipe clamp or duct tape to hold them together. They can stand up to some pretty tough stuff and don't break the bank.

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I use the ones from www...................com and really like them, just need a bank not made up of rebar, concrete and big rocks....:wink:

Salmonid

10. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    it wont let me veiw the library....keep getting this

hawgmaster, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. This may be an OPT-IN forum. You must OPT-IN within your User CP
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    if #2 then how do i OPT-IN??

11. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use the same ones as Neocats, only mine are all one piece. Also some similar homemade ones

12. bullfish

bullfish Member

State:
    dunkirk ohio
    bass pro got agood one for around 15

13. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use the heavy duty spiral ones that Garrett was talkin' about, I get 'em for about 3.50... good thing, too, cuz I' usually leaving one at the bank every trip...

Heck, follow me around and (1) you can build up a collection of rod holders and (2) you can find out where the fish definitely AIN'T!