Rod Holders On Boat

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by RiverOtter, Mar 3, 2006.

1. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was wondering what type of rod holders you guys have on your boats for catfishing. Are they welded on or screwed on? Pictures would help. I just wanted some ideas on what to put on my boat.

:confused:

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

3. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
  4. myboatisabeater

myboatisabeater New Member

State:
    Texas
    there is a guy here in texas who makes really nice rod holders for drift fishing. everyone that I know who has them swear by them. PM me for the website.

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I put my regular Attwoods on an aluminum bar I made. The bar drops down into sockets that lock it into place with clip pins. The whole thing can be removed in seconds. I haven't ever had problems with the Attwoods, plus their cheap. I attached a couple of pics to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

6. sliprig1

sliprig1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Driftmaster's Pro model, 6 mounted around the boat. Plan to make a custom mount for the rear. Lots of great info on here just need to get my "rear in gear"

Slip

7. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    I have my uncle making me my own rod holders for the new boat.as soon as i get them and mount them i will put pics up

8. mjokerr

mjokerr New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Dont have no pics but I bought a pair of rod holders I screwed onto my boat.They were made from Attwood.Look at bass pro or Cabeleas(sp) and look under rod holders,they have various at diffrent price ranges.

9. craigr

craigr New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I / the wife & I have been looking at rod holders for the boat for over 2 years! We can't decide. I was raised using the bent wire ones that stick in the ground - you know, the cheapies that Walmart / K-Mart / everyone sells. We thought about buying the nice ones from Cabela's for 70 dollars to outfit my boat, but I have noticed that they sell the 'cheapy' wire ones that screw onto the boat. - I'm leaning towards them, as that is what I am used to and don't have to worry about the plastic getting old.

craigr

10. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks guys for the help. I think I might see if my buddy can make me some holders out of metal. Maybe he can weld something together. Then i'll bolt them onto my boat.

11. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Me and Kickin_Wing are going to have to make you holders in welding class??????

12. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i use driftmasters on my pontoon they run 10 to 20 dollars each then i got some alum. flat bar 2 by 1/2 inch and drilled and tapped for the base that they screw into. they have them at different degrees for diff rod angles and i have seen some that a baitcaster will sit in so there is a piece of flat bar half way around the real. they are coated with plasticoat and are nice. you can get them in 3/8 or 1/2 inch steel.

13. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah. Yeehaw I will private message you or talk to you later about what i want them to look like. I have an idea. After we get done making them we will take pictures and put the pics on here.