Rod holders for dock fishermen

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by catboy210, Oct 31, 2006.

1. catboy210

catboy210 New Member

State:
    texas
    anyone have a good rod holder for a dock fisher man.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

A simple and cheap on is 2 1x3, wood screw's, clamp on rod holders and a c-clamp. screw the wood together into an offset T clamp the T to the dock railing and then attach rod holders. I built mine in about 10 minutes and it costed about 20 bucks with 4 rod holders. I did go back and poly mine with some polyurethane (spelling) I had out in the shop.

3. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    saw some nice ones some one made out of pvc, check out the libary for some pics and how to make them

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    If it's your dock and nobody is going to steal them. I would screw some driftmaster bases to the dock and then get some holders that are 45 degrees.

5. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i did the same thing but i tie mine down with the ratchet tie downs

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I already had the c-clamp here at the house but I did consider buying a speed clamp. I can not take credit for the idea here a lot of the crappie guys use them and Cruisenman has one he built but his is souped up with heavy duty stuff.

7. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Joesf made a real nice triangle style holder out of PVC and fits right under your chair. I do believe it's in the library, if not, I know there were pics of it posted somewhere.

Ray

8. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Great Idea.... Reps to ya brother......

9. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Attach pvc to a cooler, milk crate, or even a 5 gallon bucket. Be sure to put enough weight in them so a fish won't pull them off the dock.