Rod holders for bank fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by allena, Apr 19, 2007.

1. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    I`m looking for a place to purchase rod holders and also some thoughts on the best ones to buy. I do mostly bank fishing at night and I`ve been real lucky and sometimes real fast. Getting older and the poles seem to move faster than they used to.

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Yep, I have noticed those "fast poles" too!

I 'd like to find some that are cheap enough to leave (stashed) behind at my regular spots. I carry enough as it is.
    So far I have found good stout "forks" with a rock on the pole butt tough to beat.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Allen check out the BOC Library on Bank Rod Holders. This may give you some ideas and save you some money, If you want to purchase rod holders check out catfish connection.com. I hope this will help.:lol: :smile2:

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
  5. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    Thanks for the quik responses. There are some great ideas there and definately fits any budget. I learned a long time ago it doesn`t have to cost alot to do the trick.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ya know as a kid all i ever used was a forked stick. They work really well if the ground is moist enough to push em in. I see where people have left em still in the ground at the Missouri River. If they're there and solidly placed I'll still use em!!:big_smile:

7. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    PVC pipe brother...cheap and work very well

8. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    I decided to go with PVC. I`ll let ya know how it works. I`ve used a lot of sticks stumps ect. and I still swear the poles these days are alot faster the the ones I used a few years ago. I can still catchem but it`s getting to close for comfort!!

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    scott hit the nail on the head.work any where even if the bank is rocky.just pile rocks around them till they are sturdy enough to hold.

10. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Here's a pic of the rod pod that I use, it's a Fox Horizon.
    It's adjustable to have the rod tips up to 80ยบ down to rod tips in the water. Plus it doesn't matter if it's soft ground or concrete, it can be set up either place without problems.
    Will
    p.s. those are 12' rods on it.

Attached Files: