Rod holders are so overrated

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by olejer, May 24, 2009.

1. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    You guys have been on me for over a year to put rod holders on the Yacht.Little did I know they were there all along (disguised as Fender Holders)

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I know that section of the Meramec! Aint no fish there, OldJer.:crazy::wink:

3. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Ahhh but your wrong ole friend.
    Something kept taking my bait--I've got the hang of this fishing thing, yep I did a lot of fishin this weekend!!!!
    Now I'm working on Catching
    There in lies the problem

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri

Perhaps not,,,,but he looks good. I think Darryl could help modify that sea vessel and make it a cattin rig.:wink:

5. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i always thought those fender holders looked like rod racks while i was cruising down the miss on them boats

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    No, No, No, Jer. Much to low.... and sides it is much to dangerous to anchor bassackwards on the sippi :smile2:

Sides, just what good do them "bumpers" do way up there? :confused2: not much yer gonna be hitting with that part of the boat is there? :confused2: Cept maybe to bottom of a bridge :crazy: :smile2:

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Kutter? Wrong?????
    Those were not catfish nibbling at your bait. Geez, like you would have any idea what a fish bite would be like!
    Forget the rod holder conversion, install a lightning rod!!!!:wink:

8. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    LOL, now this is a funny thread. Thems some nice looking rod holders, Might want to get a patent on them. Who ever said catfishermen aren't creative? LOL!:smile2::smile2:

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Who ever said OlJer was a catfisherman?

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was told by a certain gentleman that he was to fish a tourny with him. If this pan's out, he'll be a catfisherman if he wants to be or not. His to-be partner has a unique way of instilling desire. He's also a great teacher, if i can learn from him even a caveman could. No pun intended Tom.:smile2:

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    None taken!:wink:

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Jer, you gotta put the bait on the hook, not just throw the line out and then shuck bait at it... hehehe

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Oh, yes, Grandfather. Teach us some more!:wink:

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Oh yeah! listen to Harryold Jer. He will teach you -----------something. :wink:

15. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    I currently am being mentored by none-other than--- Cuz-master catfisher extrardenair.although I havent had a fish on line yet ,he says patience grasshopper
    I was going to see if ole-punken would take me on-- I hear he really Knows some stufff and actually catches fish from time to time

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    its probably cause of your nanner infested fruit of the looms. :smile2:

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Really now Cuz, we would greatly appreciate your not bringing up the subject of OldJers underwear.:wink:

18. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Are you referring to Punkin the Question Mark. His fish catching ability could be a question mark. I mean look at the inflatable catfish thing.:wink::smile2:

19. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yea Bob, if he plays his cards right, he might be the 1st to see them "Secret Holes" up north :eek:oooh:

20. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    No Randy he wouldn't be the first to see the "SECRET HOLES" and besides there was hardly enough water up there for my boat, much less that Yacht that Jer rides around in....lol